Getting Rid of Corn Bugs

I'm hoping somebody can help me with this problem. I have ladybugs or corn bugs(they have a yellow back to them and bite!) that come in my apt every fall. I've asked my landlord what I can use and they have suggested that I suck them in the vacuum cleaner and put them in a bag and throw away in the trash. I've also used bugspray that works sometimes but this has become a nightly event. The screens aren't good quality either, I might add! Does anybody have any ideas that I might be able to try and if they work I can pass them on to other residents as well? Thanks a million!

Shannon from Danville, Il

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I would say that is the landlords problem! He should be taking care of them.

I believe these are Asian Ladybugs, and have been a routine pest in different parts of the country every fall for a number of years. They descend like a plague, then go after a short time (4-8 weeks), are difficult to treat, and near impossible to get rid of during infestation. Nobody's had much luck ridding themselves of them and you or your landlord probably won't either. I'd call a university extension office or an exterminator to see if they've had any good results. Unfortunately, chemicals might harm the environment long after the bugs have left. While the landlord could fix the screens, they get in where there don't seem to be any holes, so it won't fully correct the problem. Good luck.

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsNovember 1, 2007
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 12:52:28 PM on 10.0.2.225 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.