Cooking Ham and Turkey Together

Can I cook a turkey and a ham together in the same oven?

By Lorri in NY from NY

Yes, good luck.

You most certainly can and depending on how many racks you are using and size of your oven you can also bake sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, etc at the same time and you just need to be aware of the cooking times and oven positions of all the items :-)

I just did this Thanksgiving. First note, please use a conventional meat thermometer vs a pop up. The pop ups are designed to pop between 180-185 degrees. A turkey is done at 160 with resting which continues to cook to 165 which is the safe temp to eat. By the time the pop up "pop" your turkey can be way over cooked. I cooked a 9 1/2 lb turkey and 9 1/2 lb ham (smoked) at 325 for approx 4 hrs side by side. This includes removing the ham 3 hrs in, letting sit for 15 mins to somewhat cool, glazing, adding pineapples, cloves and such and returning to oven. Increasing the temp to 400 for the last 30 mins, they both came out at the same time and resting while I baked all the sides and biscuits. Everything was done, ready and hot at the same time. It was the first time I ever cooked a ham, much less side by side with a turkey and it worked perfectly!

Can I cook a 12 pound ham in a 25 pound turkey in an oven at the same time

Cooking a Turkey in Your Oven, A turkey in the oven.
Cooking Ham and Turkey in the Same Oven
Holidays and Parties Thanksgiving Cooking TipsNovember 26, 2009
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
🎉
🎄