Ways To Keep Earrings From Slipping

I have some "huggy" type of pierced earrings that want to slip through the holes in my ears, meaning the decorative side is half in the hole and the post/closure part is showing. I need to keep on positioning them back into the right place. Any ideas on how to keep them in place?

Sharon from Cherry Hill, NJ

one time in department stores they sold replacement earring backs that were larger so they didn't do that.But if you can cut into an old shampoo bottle with scissors or some similar plastic & cut small circles (about the size of a pea) & put a pin hole in the center of it so it slips on the earring post before you put the actual back on the post - it will possibly stop that...or you could use styrofoam from a cup or even poster tack (the clay like stuff sold to hang prints instead of tape)

Once in High School, I lost the back of my earring. Well, I didn't want to loose it so I tore the eraser off my pencil and stuck it on the post of my earring. When it was time to take it off that night, I had to really pull it off. This may be a solution to your problem. Also in the jewelry department at Wal Mart they have little packs of earring backs and some of them have plastic discs on them to help support the earring. Good luck.

Stephanie from Ohio

The disc backs seem to help my earlobes keep from flopping when I wear a heavier earring. I switch my earring backs around to match the right tightness for each pair. Or you could use a hole puncher to cut lots of dots from a sheet of rubbery stuff and punch them onto your earring posts. My French Hook style ones have a slider, a snug little white bit of rubber that helps, haven't lost an earring since I started using the sliders on the hooks and other earrings. God bless!

I think the ladies that have already given tips have not understood. She's trying to ask how to keep the front of her earrings from going through the holes toward the back - not the other way around. This happened to me and I did figure out that the holes themselves had gotten to big through the years and had new holes punched close to the old ones. You really can't tell there are two holes there and I thought the old ones would heal up with time. It took a long time. Anyway, that solved the problem.

Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceOctober 28, 2007
Craft: Jump Ring Earrings
Making Jump Ring Earrings
Diamond Earrings
Other Uses for Pierced Earrings
A rug sitting on a wood floor.
Keeping Rugs From Slipping
Wearing Earrings With Sensitive Skin
Wearing Earrings With Sensitive Skin