Craft: Jumpsuit From Old T-Shirt

contest winner icon

I made my daughter (age 5) a jumpsuit from my dad's old shirt. I didn't have a pattern, but I think it turned out OK. She loves it anyway.

By Ruth from England

Another winner Ruth and with no pattern! Rosa looks so cute in it.

Thanks for sharing. Love to see more.

Sandie

What an adorable little playsuit. I would love to know just how you accomplished it from a big man's "T" Shirt. I have a great-granddaughter who is just going on 7, but she is pretty small for her age, so I think it'd work for her too. I have lots of "T" shirts to work with. G-Grandpa has tees that he's never worn yet, and probably never will. This would be a good way to use them up.

Thanks for sharing this Ruth. Thumbs Up.

Julia

I wish that I could sew! This is the epitome of thriftiness. You "repurposed" the shirt, you made something very useful and it looks great! You are very talented. You have my vote!

Well, it made from one mans long sleeve cotton shirt, but have just made one from a long sleeve t-shirt, and it turned out great, sorry no photos I gave the suit away. I also made two new dresses today also from long sleeve men's shirts, they are very pretty, will email you the pics later keeper. Thanks all for looking, Ruth.

I forgot to say the clothes the girls are wearing in my profile pic are all made from men's shirts, thanks dad.

This is a really neat idea. They look so nice on the girls too. You must really have an eye for creative sewing. I wish I did.

You'll get my vote and keep up the good work.

StarWarsCollector

I gave this a thumbs-up also. Very cute, very thrifty.

I repurpose men's shirts and silk ties that I find in the charity shops (I live in Scotland) now that I have used up all of my husband's pre-retirement stash for table linens, tea cosies, and handbags, lol, but these are so cute, with your permission I'll give this a try for the little girls next door.

Really neat idea. You did a great job!

Very cute! I was just looking at (& saved) instructions last week to make a girls dress out of a boys long sleeve button up shirt. I was going to make some for my granddaughters.

To frugalsunnie, I would love anyone to try this, it's great to get ideas from each other. I hope to see your jumpsuit on here soon. Ruth.

Why is there a rope around her foot?

To freaklesncurls, it's not a rope around her foot look carefully, it's the edge of my patchwork throw that's hanging over the edge of my sofa.

Loose ball of cut up t-shirts for crafting.
Crafts Using Recycled T-Shirts
Crafts SewingMay 29, 2011
Uses for Old T-Shirts, Mass of brightly colored clothing.
Uses for Old T-Shirts
Pillows covered with scarves.
Craft Uses for Old Scarves
Boy Behind Fence in Convict Costume
Making a Convict Costume
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys
🎉
🎄