Dishwasher Detergent Tabs and Hazing of Glassware

I had the dishwasher repair guy here again this AM. He told me that the little blocks of dishwasher detergent (tabs) have Jet Dry already added to them and if you normally put Jet Dry in your washer and use these blocks, hazing of glassware will occur.

Also, new dishwashers coming out have little grids in the detergent cup area so you can not use these blocks (indicative of how many hazing complaints they have generated).

By Holly from Richardson, TX

I have been doing dishes by hand for the last year as my new KitchenAid top-of-the line doesn't rinse the detergent. Had water tested and it is not hard. After 7 techs, I found that there is suds buildup even when I stopped using detergent. I am in the midst of tryng to get the dishwasher clean and having little results but from my experience, don't use over a tablespoon of dishwasher detergent and NO RINSE agent. KitchenAid says that using vinegar often will ruin the washer. Will try the Kool Aid. I will NEVER buy KitchenAid again. With the 2 containers for soap and one for rinse when you shouldn't use that much is a design flaw. Kitchen Aid offered me a 25% discount on a new $1100 dishwasher! ha I just used Crystal Light Lemonade as it was all I had in the house and there were not as many soap bubbles. Will try the actual Kool Aid pack.