DVD Tray Will Not Open

We have a Sylvania TV with built-in VCR and DVD. Several months ago the DVD quit working. It simply will not open either by using the controls or pushing the buttons on the unit.

There is no DVD in it, we can pull the door (?) tray thing down and see that there doesn't seem to be anything in it. Does anyone know if it is dead or if maybe it's just stuck and there's a way to get it open? Thanks.

By J L from Tulsa, OK

Best Answer

When my daughter was much smaller, she opened the DVD tray and put a second DVD on top of the one that was already in there. After discussing it with some guy friends, my husband removed some screws and opened the DVD player to retrieve the DVDs (after unplugging it, of course!). I think we were even able to use the player afterward. It wasn't nearly as traumatic as we thought it would be. Don't know if this would help you, but maybe.

I am having the same problem with my CD player. Any help would be appreciated.

I used to take our VCR apart all the time when tapes got stuck in them with no fear. The problem with this is that it is a big 26" tv with the dvd/vcr built into the bottom of it. We would have to take the whole tv apart & hope we could get it put back together & still maybe not be able to get to the dvd player through the tv-but that might be the next step if we can't get it open any other way.