What are artificial Christmas trees made out of?

Hal from New York City, New York

Most are made from polyvinyl chloride, commonly known as PVC. There are some made with a combo of polyethylene and pvc. There is a concern about lead in pvc tree and in the lights, and incidentally other electrical cords.

The ones we've always had are silk, easy to tell since the needles are bendable, short, well made and look fairly real when placed correctly. I've not seen a PVC tree in about 20 years, but I know they use to make plastic (pvc?) trees when PVC was being used for outdoor furniture so much. I love my silk one and the garland that matches. Easy to store and

fluff back up when needed. Merry Messiahmas. : )

Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Up close photo of a Mimosa tree.
Growing Mimosa Trees
Artificial Christmas Tree
Artificial vs Natural Christmas Trees