Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Decorating a Nail Salon

I am doing remodeling for nail salon. I am having a very difficult time in choosing the carpet and the wall painting colors. I have already ordered all the furniture. All 10 nail stations are light and shiny hardwood floor color. Clients' chair have a yellow backrest with light cream seat cushions. The workers' chairs are in cream.

All the furniture is basically light hardwood, yellow & cream. What color do you think I should paint the walls with and what color should the carpet be? I've been going crazy about this. Would you please give me some advice?

May God always keep you and your family safe and healthy.
Thank you,
Thi Hoang, NJ

By Claudia (Guest Post)08/23/2005

I agree that something other than carpeting would be a good idea- more durable, easier to clean. You might consider Pergo or other wood-like laminate. And, if I were you, I'd keep everything in the same light colors of cream and pale yellow. I think that would look very feminine and relaxing. If you wanted to add another color, I'd consider a pale peach. Hope it turns out great!

By Linda (Guest Post)08/23/2005

Hard floor-wood grain or laminate, or tile. I think a cornflower blue woould be smashing.

By AmericnJewl (Guest Post)08/22/2005

Having a carpteted nail salon may not be a great idea. Inevitably accidents happen and trying to get nail polish out of carpet is a nightmare. Consider going with a neutral color tile or some other hard flooring. For the walls, I think a green color would look nice with the yellows of the wood and chairs. Go to http://www.behr.com and look up a color called "asparagus." I think it would go nicely with the colors you describe. Good luck!