Scars From Acne

How can you get rid of acne scarring quickly?

By Kim from VA

Best Answer

Suadh, I use Proactiv, it prevents new acne and after about 2 weeks of use the old scars were barely noticeable. It is about $50 for a 2month supply, but defintely worth the money. Make sure that if you purchase this product that you get the "refining mask" (6% sulfur) you will notice a difference on how your face feels the very next day.

Best Answer

When I was in my 20's I had this problem. I used a regular old lemon, cut it and rub it on your face several times a day, don't rinse it off. It will take a couple weeks before you notice and change. Keep it up. You'll have a clean feeling face and the lemon will eventually lighten the scars to almost nothing. It worked for me. I'm 62 and have a smooth clear looking face. try it lemons are pretty cheap. It'll also work on any scar on your body.

Best Answer

Some scars go away and some don't, but the process involved is the shedding of the old cells and growing of new ones to replace the scar tissue. As I've gotten older my skin "turns over" more slowly. So I help it along by using a facial scrub (baking soda) about twice a week to encourage the old cells to slough off.

The lemon juice mentioned here probably has a similar effect, plus a gentle lightening effect.

You're kidding, right? There is no quick remedy. I'm 61 years old and have suffered from acne since I was a little girl. The best product to fight acne breakouts is Proactiv. If you have scarring, you just need to learn to live with it. I've tried everything from surgical microdermabrasion done in a hospital by a doctor (twice), a half facelift to stretch them out, collagen injections, cosmetic dermabrasion done in a spa/salon setting, chemicals, acids, peels, scrubs, changing my diet, taking accutane, and using prescription creams (all of them - literally), and probably every over the counter acne product ever put on the shelves in the United States. You name it and I've done it. I've seen small improvement over the years mostly from the surgical dermabrasion, but the scars are still there. The best thing I did was learning to love myself. Use Proactive to prevent breakouts, don't squeeze them when you do breakout, don't touch your face with your hands throughout the day.

The quickest way to have any scar removed, and of course this depends on what kind of scar it is. But if you have an indented spot, or a white wide scar on the skin, having that spot excised, then a single stitch or two to bring the skin back together where it was cut out, will take it right out. Of course you'll be left with a tiny small hairline scar, but that might be easier to conceal than a "pitted or deep lined scar".

If the scar is "white" no product to date can put melanocytes (skin cells that contain the color of our skin) back into the skin. So removing it (by excision) can make it smaller. Excisions can also close up and dents or holes in the skin.

January 31, 2011 Flag

What is the best solution for diminishing the appearance of acne marks?

By Errol from Libon, Albay

Answers:

Scars From Acne

If your scars are like large pores, Avon makes a makeup primer that reduces or diminishes the size of the pits or pores. I have tried other brands, but I think this is the best kept secret on the market. After putting on my foundation over the primer, I get so many compliments on my makeup. I hope this may help you. (12/31/2010)

By jrmahon

Scars From Acne

The best thing is dermabrasion. (01/04/2011)

By ahastings7878

Scars From Acne

Try tea tree oil (its available at Target for around $5 a bottle). At night, wash your face thoroughly and use 1 drop oil in 10 drops water on a cotton ball, and apply to face, like you would use a toner. Then apply some moisturizer. Do this every night, till the scars disappear. Then do this only 2 nights a week, to prevent future acne scars. (01/06/2011)

By roopasekhar

December 31, 2010 Flag

I want to clear up the acne scars on my face; some are from years of damage and some are new! What can I do to finally get rid of this? Please help!

By Precious from Baton Rouge, LA

Answers:

Scars From Acne

I don 't know how old you are, or how old your scars are, but they will fade with time. However, you can try a skin lightening cream, or plain old hydrogen peroxide, if they are just discolored spots. Use a Q-tip to apply a tiny bit of either one onto each spot. If they are actually a skin texture problem, such as pitting, you can try any type of home use microdermabrasion set. Sally's Beauty Supply has one, and several other brands have sets at Walmart or Target. Just don't over use them and cause more problems.

Best of luck to you, acne can be a horrible thing. (07/25/2010)

By fatboyslimsmom

July 24, 2010 Flag

I have redness and little scars (holes) on my face. Please help me. I would like advice on how to remove them.

Kaan

Answers:

Scars From Acne

I use vitamin e cream, it's great. It removed all my blemishes and acne scars, it also took away my stretch marks. It works wonders. (12/27/2009)

By sngordinier

Scars From Acne

Try getting a hold of raw honey. (unpasturized) It does wonders for any kind of scaring and open sores! (12/28/2009)

By olive3322

Scars From Acne

Try a Mary Kay product for acne. It works for me. Good luck. (02/11/2010)

By pinpat67

December 27, 2009 Flag

I have acne problems and my skin is so oily. I use isoterixin on it, but the scars remain. Please help.

Suadh

Answers:

Scars From Acne

The best soap is Grandpas Pine Tar Soap. (03/05/2009)

By nascarhall3

Scars From Acne

I'm sorry you're having trouble with acne. I've had a lot of trouble myself, large pores. oil. I've tried just about everything I can find OTC. I just finished a round of Neutrogena's 14-Day Skin Renewal. I like the way it made my skin seem smoother and brighter. I still had some sebum in the sides of my nose. It smoothed my forehead, too, I had some worry lines there. If it is compatible with your medication maybe it could help you. Good luck.

Lori (03/07/2009)

By goldberie

Scars From Acne

I use Proactiv, it prevents new acne and after about 2 weeks of use the old scars were barely noticeable. It is about $50 for a 2month supply, but definitely worth the money. Make sure that if you purchase this product that you get the "refining mask" (6% sulfur) you will notice a difference on how your face feels the very next day. (03/07/2009)

By boxergirl76

March 5, 2009 Flag
Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

February 13, 2009 Flag

April 8, 2008 Flag

September 4, 2006 Flag
Acne Scars
Remedies for Acne Scars
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Acne TreatmentJanuary 31, 2011
A girl looking in the mirror and using a medicated pad to treat acne.
Preventing Acne Scars
A girl popping a pimple.
What Causes Acne?
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Woman applying acne cream to her face.
Homemade Acne Cream Recipes
🎉
🎄