Removing Brake Dust from Clothing

Whether you work on cars or are a bike enthusiast, brake dust can get on your clothing and be tough to remove. This is a guide about removing brake dust from clothing.

changing break pads

How can I remove or wash black brake dust from a colored shirt?

By Brandi from MI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Wow good question. Brake dust is like asbestos dust. I have used Borax on my aluminum car rims to clean it. Its eco friendly, good for stains, smells, kills mold naturally. I would try this, it is the most amazing understated product on the market.

I live in the rainiest place on earth and have solved many problems with this stuff. As a tradesman I have used it for degreasing tools all the way to getting the stench of boilers and sewers out of cloths and tools. Try it. I mean you are dealing with a nasty problem that other chemicals may make worse. Just do not machine dry your shirt. If you need a second treatment you can do it. If you use heat you will be screwed. You will set the stain with heat and not have the option to try a second or repeat this approach!

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsApril 3, 2013
Someone dusting the corner of a room with a duster.
Keeping Your House Dusted
A woman dusting her house.
Preventing Dust in Your House
Rendering of a dust mite on a white background.
Getting Rid of Dust Mites
concrete worker
Washing Clothes With Concrete Dust on Them
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 9:45:45 PM on 10.0.0.209 in 402 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.