Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Brake Dust from Clothing

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
changing break pads

Whether you work on cars or are a bike enthusiast, brake dust can get on your clothing and be tough to remove. This is a guide about removing brake dust from clothing.

Here are questions related to Removing Brake Dust from Clothing.

Question: Removing Brake Dust from Colored Clothes

How can I remove or wash black brake dust from a colored shirt?

By Brandi from MI

Most Recent Answer

By mx5 girl03/20/2010

Wow good question. Brake dust is like asbestos dust. I have used Borax on my aluminum car rims to clean it. Its eco friendly, good for stains, smells, kills mold naturally. I would try this, it is the most amazing understated product on the market.
I live in the rainiest place on earth and have solved many problems with this stuff. As a tradesman I have used it for degreasing tools all the way to getting the stench of boilers and sewers out of cloths and tools. Try it. I mean you are dealing with a nasty problem that other chemicals may make worse. Just do not machine dry your shirt. If you need a second treatment you can do it. If you use heat you will be screwed. You will set the stain with heat and not have the option to try a second or repeat this approach!

Solutions: Removing Brake Dust from Clothing

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!