Tea Tree Oil For Breakouts or Acne

All of a sudden, I developed a huge zit on the side of my nose. I tried dabbing some tea tree oil on the spot twice a day. In 3 days, it was completely gone!

By lindal from Vista, CA

A dab of white vinegar works also.

Oh, how I wish tea tree worked on my zits! I heard that toothpaste can help dry out a spot, but haven't tried it myself.

I made my own concoction. I use half lavender essential oil, half tea tree oil, then add about 6 drops of peppermint essential oil. I keep it in a little bottle with a nozzle (got mine at container store, made of nalgene). I apply it with a cotton swab, and won't apply it but once per day (I try not to go out in the sun while wearing this on my face, because it is so potent I feel like those areas could burn more easily). I put it on before bed, and it takes one to three applications before whatever the problem is (pimple, flaky area) disappears.

January 13, 2011 Flag

Tea Tree oil is perfect for this. You can buy it at health food stores and I know that Bath and Body Works carries small vials of the oil, as that is where I purchase mine. Just put a few drops on a cotton swab and dot the oil onto the pimples. Tea Tree oil is perfect for drying them right up.

By Kathy

Teenager Holding His Hair Up to Show Acne on Forehead
Acne Remedies
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Acne TreatmentJanuary 13, 2011
Upper half of a woman's face with the word acne written above it
Home Remedies for Acne
Woman applying acne cream to her face.
Homemade Acne Cream Recipes
Doctor examining upper back of torso with acne
Remedies for Back Acne
Preventing Acne, Young Woman washing her face
Preventing Acne
🎄