TroubleshootingComputers

Computer Only Operates in Safe Mode After Adding Memory

Memory was added to a Dell computer, now it only operates in the safe mode. Does anyone have this problem and how do you fix this?

By Lenard from Oklahoma City, OK

You MAY have installed too much memory. Although there are slots, computers can be limited to the amount of RAM (my computer has an ANSUS motherboard, but if I put 3gb of RAM, the bus will drop from 333DR to 222DR, don't know if that is your issue, or THE issue).

Dell Contacts:

http://www.dell  p;l=en&cs=04

Are you sure you purchased the correct RAM? Here is a website that will analyze your RAM requirements:

http://www.cruc  &ef_id=1705:

Anonymous

If this was a recent purchase from Dell you might still be covered for free technical support from them so be sure to ask them 'first' how long that product is covered and then, if within that timeline, you be sure to let them know they must give you free support because you're within their timeline!

I have dealt with Dell for a very long time and, for the most part, I am happy with their tech support!

I found a free tech help online. techguy.com The site works just about like thriftyfun i.e. people helping people. Don't know if they can help but it certainly is worth a try, the price is right. :) Some young man who answered my plea was right on the money with my computer problem.