Tip: Getting New Books very cheaply

I found out how to get new books as gifts, or for myself, much much cheaper than at any bookstore.

Go to a site, for example, amazon.com. Then type in the title of the book you wish. You will see current price of the retailer and next to it book "new and used". Click on this and then look for the "new" books.

I have done this several times. The prices are so much cheaper, the quality the same, and the shipping per book is approximately $3.50. It makes a great gift. anjeena

You can also go to http://www.half.com they sell books from new - acceptable condition. All stated whether it's new or used upfront. And a flat fee. They also sell dvds, cds, etc. Anything entertainment related. But for you college students they also sell text books.

Thrift stores have lots of different books that sale for as little as 10 cents

You can also go to paperbackswap.com. You can swap book with other people for only a shipping charge.

As far as childrens books go, I utillize my childrens scholastic book club flyers that all teachers from grades K-8 get. I purchase gifts for birthdays and Christmas. You can often get the newest hardback titles at a very big discount. The only diffrence than the copy you'd buy at a major book store, is that your copy will say Scholastic edition. Another bonus is the school earns points for new classroom books.

If it is a bestseller or quite popular, copies will eventually turn up at the thrift store. The Salvation Army is especially good. I've purchased Cold Mountain and a lot of books on the Oprah list there in excellent condition.

When I like a book, but can't justify the cost I look around my house for books I got for Christmas but have no intention of reading. I then go to a large chain bookstore and pretend that I bought it recently but can't find the receipt, then I do a simple exchange. A few times, I have received a store credit for future books or lattes.

I also get most books from the Goodwill and Half.com. I find if you have a Goodwill close to your home they restock every few days. Half.com is wonderful, but the cost of book-mail is up to 2.95 now...wow...expensive! I recently joined the Harlequin book club for the Next Novels...they cut the price and don't charge shipping.

I DON'T BUY NEW BOOKS. BUT OUR LOCAL LIBRARY HAS A BOOK SALE TWICE A YEAR AND PAPERBACKS ARE ONLY 10 CENTS AND HARDBACKS 25 CENTS SO I STOCK UP AND BUY 50-100 AT A TIME

I belong to 3 good book swap groups on the internet : thebookcart.com ... paperbackswap.com ... frugalreader.com. You pay only the postage. I have had great luck in all three groups and have sent and received several great books.

AmericasBookShelf.com is my full service book club,I love it. it is as simple to use as Netflix.Im a full service kind of gal.

Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
Address Book on White Background
Other Uses for Address Books
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 12:53:13 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.