Other Uses for Address Books

Sometimes address books can be purchased very cheaply, but what can you use them for in addition to, or other than for addresses, you wonder. This is a guide about other uses for address books.

I had just moved into my new home, and while I was unpacking I found several unused address books. I don't know exactly why I had them but I decided to use one as my new neighborhood directory.

I listed all the drugstores in my area with the hours and phone numbers (pharmacy included). Then I listed grocery stores, dry cleaners, post offices, hairdressers, thrift stores, and so on. It has been invaluable. I've also included the electric company's phone number and other emergency numbers.

It's much easier and faster than going through phone books or trying to find something on the computer and forget about calling information at a buck a pop! My whole family uses it, it is really helpful when you have kids. Hope you like my tip.

By wolfen8586 from Scottsdale, AZ

I bought a cheap address book which I keep at my computer in it I put e-mail addresses, log-in names, e-pal names, addresses, birthdays, and anniversaries. I put e-pals names in ink and all addresses in pencil. Names rarely change but addresses do.

An inexpensive address book is a great place to pencil in passwords for various on-line accounts. "A" is for Amazon and American Express, etc. Using pencil will prolong the life of your book, which should be kept in a safe place!

By Trisha from Ventura, CA