Folding Plastic Grocery Bags

Did you ever make paper napkin footballs when you were a kid? Well that childhood activity has a fabulous adulthood use too. Folding your plastic grocery bags using the football fold will reduce the space you need to store them. Plus it also makes them small enough to have a few on hand in your purse or diaper bag.

• plastic shopping bags

1. Lay the shopping bag flat and smooth it out.
  2. Fold the bag in half, lengthwise.
  3. Fold the bag in half again. Smooth it out.
  4. Start at the bottom of the bag, fold the lower left corner over towards the right side, creating a triangle shape. NOTE: By starting at the bottom of the bag, you will push out any air that is in the bag.
  5. Now fold the triangle upward, staying on the right side.
  6. Next fold the triangle over to the left side.
  7. Repeat until you reach the handle end of the bag.
  8. Tuck the handle end into the little pocket that was created.
  9. I previously knotted our plastic bags, as you can see the football fold makes them much smaller!

Videos

Keeping plastic bags for later use can look disorganized but these folded bags are neat and easy to store. Learn how to easily fold them in this short video.

4 More Solutions

In 1987, when I first started picking up roadside litter, I asked my friend to save me her Wal-mart bags. She brought them to me in a Wal-Mart bag and all of them were neatly folded. This is where I got the idea of folding my bags. Using these bags, I would stuff my pockets with over 20 bags and walk a mile and pick up the litter, filling the bags as I walked. I never ran out of bags.

Folding Plastic Grocery Bags - folded plastic bag

Plastic shopping bags are recyclable. These can be used for sealing or transporting things. Plastic bags can be very annoying to the eyes as they scatter in every place at your home. Here's how I organize my plastic bags after shopping.

Organizing Plastic Bags

To store plastic bags in an even smaller space, take and fold the bag in quarters, lengthwise. Take all the air out, starting at the bottom fold it so it is a triangle shape and fold it this way to the top.

Organizing AdviceMarch 3, 2016
😷
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Folding-Plastic-Grocery-Bags.html