Recycled Plastic Containers for Organizing Plastic Bags

An easy way to store your plastic grocery bags is in an old, clean plastic milk jug. Most of these milk jugs have an indented circle on one side.

It feels good to let our artistic juices flow. It's stimulating to see just how many different ways we can approach a particular project. But usually, when we've had our fun, we have to admit; there's really just a few, if not just one or two best ways to do anything.

Plastic grocery bags can be stored a countless number of ways. But just how time consuming are those ways? Is the way they are stored aesthetically pleasing and are the bags easily retrievable?

As an experiment, I chose an empty Miracle Gro box for storing the bags. I was able to get forty bags in the box without any effort. With the opening being large, retrieving the bags was easy. As I had put the bags in one at a time, rather than several in a wadded ball, retrieving them was very easy.

Time is no problem, retrieval is easy. That leaves aesthetics. With the label removed from the box, a white canister is what you have. It would be appropriate for any kitchen counter top. As the box is made of vinyl, it is completely washable. It could easily be covered with washable contact paper to match your kitchen decor.

If you chose to store the box out of sight when not in use, it's size and shape are ideal. It can be stored upright or laid down on it's side. With it's tight fitting snap on lid, there's no worry about the bags spilling out. Handy? Yes, Ma'am.

Here is where you can use your imagination. There must be dozens of containers that would work just as well as an empty Miracle Gro box. The first to come to my mind is a large oatmeal box, although not as sturdy and not washable unless covered with vinyl paper.

If you come up with some good ideas, please post them here, so we all can consider them. I've run out of fertilizer boxes.

Many young brides chose to wear their hair in an 'updo' for the wedding. May I suggest: If you have enough time on your hands to see how many grocery bags you can cram into a pill bottle, instead, use that time to tat a lovely lace snood for some lucky bride to be. She will be ever so grateful, and you will have created a memorable work of art sure to become an heirloom.

Tatted snoods, those were the days.

Ever open the plastic bag cabinet or drawer and have them all "spring" out at you? I was condensing some today when I thought "I wonder how small they can get?" So, I rolled one from the bottom up so the air would leave.

Plastic bags stored in a recycled plastic container.

This is a page about organizing plastic bags. Many homes have an assortment of plastic bags, from grocery bags to trash bags. It can be difficult to organize them all, so it may require some creativity.

Organizing Plastic Bags, A blue plastic grocery bag.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

6 Archives

If you are like me, you come home from stores with two or three items in a plastic bag and so many plastic bags, there aren't enough cabinets or drawers to put them in.

Just a little tip for all the plastic bags everyone gets these days and I store mine in gallon milk jugs.

Organizing Garbage and RecyclingAugust 29, 2019
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Recycled-Plastic-Containers-for-Organizing-Plastic-Bags.html