Organizing Craft Supplies With Recycled Containers

Avid crafters are always in need of containers for their supplies. This can be expensive unless you get creative and begin identifying recycle containers that can be kept for storing them. This is a page about organizing craft supplies with recycled containers.

I love mushrooms. But almost the best thing about them are how versatile their containers are. Durable and cute, they make a chaotic kitchen, office, or craft room much better.

I used them tonight for putting some things I have on limited counter/work table space, up off the surfaces. All you need is the tubs, binder clips, and pushpins.

Put the pins where you want, hang the clip on the tub, putting the front tab down if you want. Then simply hang and fill them. I can vary where they go, depending on my needs for the project.

You can put them all in a row close down and stack them and put them away if the project is big and you go onto the next one.

N-JOY!!

6 More Solutions

I have all sorts of tiny crafting materials (wiggle eyes, acrylic jewels, needles, beads, etc) and not a lot of space to store them, we live full time in our camper. I tried looking for storage boxes but the compartments were either too small or too large for most of the materials.

When I was done with this fruit basket container, I knew I had to re-use it. We can't recycle plastics right now in our county, so it would end up in the landfill. I hate that. So, I cleaned and dried it, and filled it with craft supplies.

Recycled Fruit Container for Craft Supplies - clear plastic container filled with craft supplies

This is an organizer for crafts, office supplies, anything small. Wash jars and let dry completely. Lightly sand the muffin pan, paint it black. Paint each jar a different color, make designs, symbols, etc.

Paint the lids different colors, let dry completely.

A craft organizer from a muffin tin and baby food jars, holding supplies.

Gerber baby food containers make perfect storage containers. I use them for my beads, findings, buttons, etc. The lids do snap shut making spillage less possible and they are clear enough that you can see through them.

I recently moved. All in all, I didn't lose much but for the things I did, I made this. Gather all the broken things: cups, earrings and magnets that need their backings, little odds and ends that are worth saving but you don't have time for.

A collection of broken items to be fixed or upcycled.

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
Organizing CraftsSeptember 30, 2017
🎂
😷
🎃
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Organizing-Craft-Supplies-With-Recycled-Containers-2.html