AdviceHome Improvement

Bedroom Feels Damp

My bedroom feels constantly damp, so does my bedding and clothes. I cannot find the source of the problem. There is no dampness on any of the walls or floor and I cannot find any cracks that might be letting in air. Does anyone have any ideas?

Kyla from Ireland

I have the same problem. I simply run a room air conditioner to dry it out. I do this all year long too. Believe it or not, the ac in the winter, keeps the room at a more even temperature than depending on the furnace to keep warm and it also keeps the air clean and moving and fresh. I keep the temp at a comfortable 68 all year this way. It also only adds about 3$ a month to my electric bill.

Your bedroom has too much moisture. Either open the windows several times a day for 10 minutes for a change of air or buy a dehumidifier.

You could also put a small container of Damp Rid in your room. We have to do this in our basement. (Keep out of reach of children & animals.)

Get a dehumidifier.

I had this problem. Come to find out we had a hot water leak under the house and the mold was so large it hung from the house to the ground. Everything felt wet it took a lot of time and money to get rid of the mold. We moved the water heater out of the house. It now has a home of it's own outside. Please check and make sure this is not your problem. It can't hurt to look for mold. Have a good day.

See here though:

http://www.4hur  sing_asthma.html

Should help some anyway, many things you can do, extractor fan, and so on, dehumidifier as already suggested, and though defeats the object, when really cold out, normally closer to 0 (freezing), but below 5, have heater on, room around say 21 and open the window for a few minutes, if only a little way, not wide to let too much cold in, and this should help shoot the humidity down.

As for all the rest, I've done the work for you, so many links and information, you'll become obsessed about it like I did, but fascinating and interesting reading and you'll no doubt learn much and realize about your health being affected as well as the damage to your home because of excess or too low humidity in it.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceOctober 8, 2008
Teen Bedroom
Decorating a Teen Bedroom
Decorating a Guest Room
Decorating a Guest Room
Small Organized Bedroom
Organizing a Small Bedroom
beautiful green tone bedroom
Inexpensive Bedroom Makeovers
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 26, 2017 at 1:19:38 AM on 10.0.2.4 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.