Mix Pie Ingredients In Ziptop Bag

When mixing apple pie ingredients (apple slices, cinnamon, cloves, and flour), put them into a baggie and shake. This makes sure that the ingredients are well mixed so that when you put them into a crust, there are not spices on the bottom or flour on the top.

Source: My Mom

By JodiT from Aurora, CO

I always stir the flour and spices together in a small bowl until they're mixed thoroughly, then sprinkle the mixture over each layer of apple slices in the pie crust. No need to waste a baggie.

I wish I had read this a few hours earlier today. I just made an apple pie to take to my parents and stiring the apples around in the bowl to mix the sugar and spices was a problem as to getting full coverage. The baggy idea would have worked perfectly and will be sure to do it the next time I bake an apple pie. Thanks for a great idea.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingJanuary 3, 2011
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Bowl of salsa with ingredients in background.
Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans