MetalRecycling

Recycling the Interior Metal Parts of a Piano

I am looking into recycling my old piano; I have several ideas on what I want it to be. My question is; is there any money to be made on the recycling of the innards, other than just scrap metal? Does anyone have any ideas on people or companies that might be looking for this stuff, brass, copper, iron, and steel? Thanks for listening.

By Doug from Hamilton, Ontario

Answers

Doug, I don't know what you would do with the insides but if you have had an upright with an intricate front (the part that lifts up to reveal the insides), you can make a beautiful headboard of it. My sister did that and it is gorgeous.