Selling Pop Tabs

Category Metal
Aluminum pop tabs may have some monetary value if you find a crafter or recycling center that will buy them. This is a guide about selling pop tabs.

First problem I saw with all you collectors who would like to sell tabs is you keep putting them in milk jugs, 2 liter bottles, etc. STOP THAT! The proper way to store pull tabs is in zip locks, or boxes if you're into larger amounts. I have sold over 40 million of them to support my 3 charities.

Those who oversee larger collection drives do not have the time to shake 3,000 tabs out of a milk jug, and insurance companies may not want them using knives to cut them open. And the scrap yard is just going to turn you away. Recycle the milk jug instead.

Now, selling tabs, E-bay is where the market is, but you got to play by the buyers' rules. Take your tabs, sort them by type, and color. Remove the damaged tabs, now remove the tabs that are not aluminium (use a magnet if you're not sure). Next, it's needle-nose pliers time. Remove that annoying curly thing, it takes up 36% of the space due to the coat-hanger effect, and accounts for 4.4% of your shipping costs.

Count your tabs into 1,000 count baggies. This bag, which containes 26 cents worth of scrap aluminium, is now worth $4 to the person who needs them for arts and crafts. Colored tabs $20 per 1,000, MONSTER tabs $50 per 1,000. In every case, the buyer pays shipping.

Now, as for the curly things, they are also scrap aluminium. Dump them in the bag or box which has the damaged tabs and drop them off at McDonalds. These tabs will be recycled to allow families to remain near their hospitalized children, and you're making 15 times scrap for the tabs you sell.

Unless you have thousands of them, can tabs have very little value. If you have enough tabs they can be sold by weight for their value as aluminum. This is a guide about price for recycling can tabs.

A pile of pop can tabs.

Read More... Was this helpful? 2

How much will I get with a 2 litre container filled with can tabs? Where can I exchange them for money in Johannesburg, South Africa?

By Refeletse

Answers

Donate them too charity, schools, churches etc. I saved 11.5lbs in the states (yes 11.5lbs) I received a grand total of 5.50 USD$ I was told that charities get more for them at a better rate.

I buy beer and pop can tabs and will pay half a penny a piece (i.e., 1,000 tabs = $5). Ship them (at your expense by the least costly method) to me. For more information and shipping address, contact wordswork@telus.net.

I live in east Los Angeles, California. My husband, for quite some time now, has been saving the soda tabs because he found out they are worth money. Where can I exchange them for cash?

I want sell my Coke can tabs? I have six bottles of two liters tabs.

Godi

Answers

I don't know about places to sell can tabs; however, I DO know that the Ronald McDonald House is always accepting donations of can tabs. They then take them to a recycling place and use the money to help fun the House.

God Bless,
Sheila

I agree with the previous poster. I think you should donate them to a charity. I don't believe you can sell them; charities collect vast quantities, and sell them to recyclers. And by vast quantities, I mean hundreds of pounds.

It's worth checking on eBay.com to see if there is a market for selling them to people making recycled crafts.

I am in East London. I collected about 7 bottles of pop tabs and now I don't know where to sell them.

By Vero M from East London

Answers

I don't think they are worth more than selling aluminum cans back to a metal recycler. There appears to be a company in East London that buys scrap, F.E.W. Metals. I would contact them directly.

I know that some people do buy Pop Can Tabs on eBay for use in craft projects. That would be another avenue to pursue. Good luck and let us know what you were able to find out.

E-bay is your best bet. Go there and do a search for pop tabs. See what others are selling theirs for and do your similarily.

I have an unknown number of cans, and I would like to know is it worth the trouble of removing the tabs and selling them separately, and where in Lake City, Florida? Would I sell them for top dollar, if they're worth more than just scrapping the whole cans?

By Danielle D.

Answers

Hi, Danielle.

I buy them for half-a-penny a piece (i.e., $5 for 1,000) for making craft projects. I can't imagine you want to ship them all the way to Canada, but let me know if you do (words work AT telus.net) and we'll see what we can arrange. Alternatively, why not either use them yourself and find local crafters who'll buy them from you?

Cheers,
Rose Anne

I think Rose Ann has answered your question. It doesn't seem worth it to get $5 for 1000 of them, certainly not if you are going to bother taking the time to remove them, if you have not already done so!

Where in Interlachen, Florida can I sell my pop tabs?

Where in southern California, Riverside county can I cash in tabs?

By Janis T.

Answers

Call Riverside City Hall and ask them where to take them. My neighbor takes theirs to a place not far from us. I live in Montclair/Pomona. The recycling center for us is on Mission Blvd.

Where can I sell can tops in Orlando, Florida beside a recycling center? Do hospitals buy them?

By Grace

Answers

McDonald's will take them, but not buy them. They go to the Ronald McDonald House. But I haven't heard of any place buying them except recycle centers.

You can sell them on Ebay. People buy them to make certain crafts. Just do a search so you can see the average asking price.

Where can I take soda pops in Reading, Pennsylania to turn them into cash?

By John

Where can I sell pop tabs in Limpopo? How much can I get for almost eight liters?

By B . Siziba from Thabazimbi, Limpopo

Answers

Well... Hi from Florida, USA! I have no idea where in this world you live (but I will look it up!) so I am sure that I cannot help you. What I can say is that if you are buying all these sodas you may be better off saving some of that money instead of trying to sell the tabs. Just a thought...

Good luck with your "sale" as tabs are not usually worth much in the USA.
In fact, most are donated to a "good" cause/charity to help someone in need.

Where can I sell the pop can because the collection is now to much for me.

By Wellman from JHB Berea

Answers

I have only ever heard of charitable organizations selling these. Perhaps you sell them to a metal recycling place. I don't think there is much money to be made in this. Try google.

You can get the recycling value from the aluminum at any metal recycler. It won't be more than just recycling the whole can though. As for selling just the tabs, sometimes people want them on eBay for crafting purposes.

I live in Cape Town and I'd like to know where exactly can I take my metal pop tabs for sale?

By X Rumbu from Cape Town, SA

Answers

You may want to look into listing it on the website www.etsy.com . It is a website dedicated to crafters.

Where in Albuquerque New Mexico can I sell my soda/beer tabs?

By dra

Answers

Check on earth911. com. You can just put in your city and it will give you information for recycling in your community.

I buy beer and pop can tabs and will pay half a penny a piece (i.e., 1,000 tabs = $5). Ship them (at your expense by the least costly method) to me. For more information and shipping address, contact wordswork at telus.net.

I have a two litter bottle full of can tab lifters. How much can I get for them?

By Miss bee

Answers

I want to sell my pull tabs.

I have bulk pop tabs but I don't know how I can sell them. I am in Johannesburg South Africa.

By Daphne B

Answers

I know it used to be stylish to make soda pop tab bracelets. You could try selling the tabs themselves online, or you could make them into bracelets or necklaces, etc. and sell the finished product. Just a thought.

Where can I sell can pull tabs?

By spokes h from Johannesburg, SA

Answers

You can sell them at a place that recycles scrap metal, if there is such a dealer in your area. Their value is for the scrap aluminum that they are made of. It is hardly worth the effort. I believe some charities collect them, and then manage to make some money out of it. You would be far better off collecting the whole can for recycling.

I have a whole milk gallon jug, filled with soda tabs and I was wondering if anyone knows where I could recycle them for cash? I'm from Anaheim, California.

By Jesus A.

Answers

Sell them on Ebay, you'll make more than selling them to a recycling center, people use them to make bags and belts.

I have pop can tabs, like over 3,000, and am looking to sell them to some one in Ontario.

By Fabian M

Answers

If you can ship to Manitoba, I'll pay you $5 for them.

Where can I change the pop tabs for money?

By Jailene from Miami, FL

Answers

Well, most pop tabs for money is a scam to some degree. If you saved a million pop tabs they would be worth about $350 dollars. A hundred is worth about 3 cents. That is about what a scrap dealer would pay. So collecting and storing a million of those things take up some space plus lugging them to the scrap dealer. A bit more money could be had in collecting the cans and redeeming them for a nickle per can if your state has a recycling law. Or saving the cans and selling them to a scrap metal dealer.

How can I sell my aluminum can tabs? I have over 5000 tabs.

Answers

Check your local yellow pages for businesses who buy scrap metal. Just look up Scrap metal or Recycling centers and they will tell you how much they pay and what you will need to have to sell them. Some places need a permit and a photo ID, depending on the laws of your state.

Where in New Mexico can I sell my Coke can tabs?

Answers

Last I read a year or so ago, the tabs were selling for $5-$6 per 1000. You can try EBay, your local recyclers, or crafts stores. Seems like alot of work for too little return.

Is there a place in the Thomson, Georgia area near by that buys the taps off cans? If so what is the address of the place and the name of it?

By WM

Where can I sell the tabs at in Daytona Beach Florida?

By Carol

Where can I sell my pop tops in Miami?

By Ying P

Where can I sell Coke tabs in Phalaborwa or Tzaneen in Limpopo?

By Leon N.

Answers

Where can we can sell pops tabs in South Africa? It's been a year that I have been trying to find the place to sell them.

Thanks

By B Nkomo

Answers

I live in Gauteng around Honeydew and I have 2 litres full of soda can tops. I don't know where I can exchange them for cash and how much can I get for a 2 litre bottle?

By Charles from Johannesburg, SA

Answers

I am in King Williams Town, Eastern Cape, South Africa and I wanna sell a 2 litre container full of can pull tabs, where can I sell them and how much are they worth?

By Zim B

Is the pull tab recycling project still active?

By DumisaC from Centurion

I was told the police department gives you money for these tabs; is this true?

By John Z

Where in Kentucky can I cash in my pop pull tabs for the most money?

By Sheila

Where must I take my tin tabs. I am at Brakpan in GP.

By Xolile from Tsakane Ext. 11

Where can I find a place to sell pop tabs in Johannesburg, South Africa?

By Wilfred I from Joburg

Where can I sell pop tabs in Las Vegas, Nevada? I need money. Also, what is the easiest way to count them? Thanks!

By Sophia

Where can I change the pop tabs for money? From main and Mooi street? If you know where, please tell me?

By mandisangcobo55

I have pop can tabs and I don't know where I can exchange them for cash.

By Innocent S.

I need someone to tell me how to go step by step onto eBay and be successful on selling these can tops. I have no clue and I wanted it to be easy, fast, and successful. Please help.

By Monica from la Quinta, CA

Who buys pop tabs in Johannesburg, South Africa? Can I get a contact for the buyer?

By Chris S

Load More