Recipe For Jello and Egg Dish

Does anyone know of a recipe with orange Jello, crushed pineapple, and either whole eggs, separated or egg whites? I know this is an old recipe, maybe from the 30's or 40's. My Mom had it handwritten and it was called "Heavenly Delight". It was made in an 8x8 pan and I believe you cooked it on top of the stove and then mixed it together. It was fluffy and was an interesting combination. My Mom can't find the recipe either. Thanks for any help.

Colleen from Blair, NE

Are you sure it was eggs and not marshmallows? I have a friend who makes an ambrosia "salad" with crushed pineapple, little marshmallows, pecan pieces, jello and i think cherries. When combined with the pineapple juice, the marshmallows have a frothy consistency, kind of like the texture of loosely scrambled eggs. Hope this helps.

I googled it for you and you are listed! How Funny! I would go to if it's a recipe they have it. I wish you luck, but I am thinking the other poster might have been right on.

I found this via the 'net, eggwhites are listed at the bottom:

One of the easiest things you can do to change the texture and appearance of Jell-O Gelatin -- just whip it until thick and fluffy. Prepare Jell-O Gelatin (any fruit flavor) as directed on package and chill until very thick. Then beat with rotary beater or electric mixer until mixture is fluffy and thick -- about double in volume results in the best eating quality and flavor.

To shorten the chilling and beating times, chill the gelatin until slightly thickened. Then place the bowl of gelatin in another bowl of ice and water before starting to beat.

Pour whipped gelatin into molds or shallow pan, or add cubes of Jell-O Gelatin (page 85) or fruit and pour into molds. Chill until firm. Unmold, cut in squares, or spoon into serving dishes; serve with fruit or a custard sauce, if desired. A 3-oz. package makes about 4 cups, or 4 or 5 servings; a 6-oz. package makes about 8 cups, or 8 to 10 servings.

Snows: Prepare whipped Jell-O Gelatin, adding unbeaten egg whites to the thickened gelatin before starting to beat. Use I or 2 egg whites for a 3-oz. package Jell-O Gelatin, or 2 or 3 egg whites for a 6- oz. package.

Could this be it?

I found your salad recipe in an Eastern Star Cookbook from the 1950's. It is:

1 Box Jello (any flavor)

1 C hot water

4 egg yolks

1/2 bup sugar

1 small can crushed pineapple

4 egg whites

2 Tbsp. Sugar

Dissolve jello in hot water and cool. Beat egg yolks and sugar. Add piniapple. Cook in double boiler until thick. Cool. Beat egg whites and sugar. Stir all together and place in a mold. (It will separate into two layers as it sets.) Refrigerate.

maybe one of these?

Banana - Pineapple Jello Salad

1 box lemon Jello (sm.)

1 box orange Jello (sm.)

1 (15 1/4 oz.) crushed pineapple (reserve juice)

2 bananas, chopped fine

1 egg

2 tbsp. flour

2 tbsp. butter

1/2 c. sugar

1 c. pineapple juice

Add water to make 1 c.

1 tsp. poppy seed

Shredded cheese on top

Cooking Directions:

2 cups boiling water over powdered Jello. Add 1 1/2 cups cool water. Let cool until thick. Chop banana fine. Add to Jello. Add crushed pineapple, save juice. Refrigerate.

Sauce: Add flour, butter, sugar and beaten egg. Stir until blended. Add 1 cup pineapple juice (water). Cook until thick. Add poppy seed spread top Jello. Add shredded cheese. ... ana-pineapple-jello-salad_54508.html

Pineapple Lemon Jello Salad

2 (3 oz.) or 1 (6 oz.) pkg. lemon Jello

1 can (13 1/4 oz.) crushed pineapple

2 bananas

1/2 c. miniature marshmallows

1/2 c. sugar

2 tbsp. cornstarch

1 egg

1 pkg. Dream Whip

Cooking Directions:

Dissolve Jello in 2 cups hot water; and add 2 cups cool water, then pour into 9 x 10 inch baking dish. Drain pineapple and save juice. Add pineapple, bananas and marshmallows to Jello and let set. Make sauce. Add water to pineapple juice to make 1 cup juice. Pour juice into sauce pan and add sugar, cornstarch and egg. Cook until mixture thickens and boils, then cool. Make Dream Whip as directed on the box. When sauce is cool pour into Dream Whip and fold in. Pour sauce on top of Jello. Refrigerate until served. ... eapple-lemon-jello-salad_110215.html

Sawdust Salad

1 pk Lemon jello 5 tb Flour

1 pk Orange jello 1 c Sugar

1 1/4 c Cold water 2 c Pineapple juice

2 c Hot water THIRD LAYER

1 cn Crushed pineapple 2 pk Dream whip

3 Banana 8 oz Cream cheese

First Layer: Dissolve jello in water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add pineapple to jello and slice bananas over top. Let harden in refrigerator. Second Layer: Cook all ingredients together until thick. Let cool. Then spread on top of jello mixture. Third Layer: Mix Dream Whip and milk and beat until stiff. Add softened cream cheese and whip well. Spread on jello mixture - Grate cheese on top if desired. Use dish 13x9x2

Granny Kelloggs Jello Salad

1 pk small lemon jello 1/2 c Sugar

1 pk small peach jello 2 ts Flour; rounded

2 c Miniature marshmallows 1 Egg; beaten

1 cn (#2) crushed pineapple; Reserved pineapple juice

4 sl Bananas 2 tlb Oleo (margarine)

TOPPING 1 lg Cool Whip container

Dissolve each package of jello per box directions. while still warm add marshmallows until jello is covered, add in crushed pineapple and sliced bananas. Let jello harden. Make topping: mix together sugar, flour pineapple juice and 1 beaten egg and 2 tablespoons of oleo. cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick. Add 1 large container of Cool whip to cooked topping and spread over hardened salad. NOTES : this jello salad is to die for!

This doesn't have egg in it but is a yummy recipe

Darlene's Orange Salad

2 pkgs. sugar free orange Jello ( small boxes )

1 container cottage cheese (16 oz.)

1 small can Mandarin oranges cut in halves

1 can crushed pinapple - drained ( 15-20 oz. )

1 container Cool Whip ( 8 oz. )

Opt. a handful of chopped nuts added is a nice extra treat

Mix and refrigerate .

None of these are the recipe I'm looking for. It does not separate into layers, or that one would be it.

Was it more of a dessert, or a salad...or something else? Were there any other ingredients that you can remember? I've got some old cookbooks I'll dig through, and my mom has an old (60s-70s) Jello cookbook, so maybe it's in there. I'll keep ya posted!

This was a dessert. I am going to see if the one that separates is it and maybe you just have to mix it together more to get it the way I remember. Thanks for all the help.

Funny, I was just telling someone this morning about this wonderful dessert my grandmother made, jello with egg whites whipped in, with a custard made from the yolks over the top. The tip in one of these recipes about adding the whites to the thickened jello before whipping might be the trick I was looking for. Good luck with yours!

Jello with watermellon
Recipes Using Jello
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts JelloSeptember 19, 2008
Photo of homemade orange jello.
Homemade Jello (Gelatin) Recipes
Layered Jello
Making Ribbon and Layered Jello
Making a Jello Fish Bowl
Making a Jello Fish Bowl
Egg Salad
Making Egg Salad