Painted Glass Jars

contest winner icon

If you are like me and have an endless supply of half used paint containers, some glass jars, and are looking to make something unique to add to your home decor, try out this simple and inexpensive idea.

What you will need:

• any clear glass bottle or vase
  • some paint, I used wall paint (egg shell, Dutch Boy)

Directions:

1. You can either use glass containers you have (Snapple bottles, vases) or hit the Dollar Store or Goodwill to find jars/vases to your liking.
  2. Pour a little bit of paint into the glass jar, bottle, or vase and slowly twist and turn the bottle so that the paint will start to swirl from the bottom of the container to the top of the container, painting the inside of the jar.

3. You don't need much paint, it all depends on the size of your glass container. Don't worry if you use too much paint. If you end up with excess, just pour the extra paint back into the paint container. You can either put flowers in the container or just use it for decoration. Either way, it's an interesting transformation with unlimited possibilities.
  4. The total cost of my project could be as little as -0-, but in my case was 49 cents (thanks to Goodwill).

By Mom2Gracie from Wheaton, IL

Love this idea! I'm going to have to do some for our new place! Thanks!

painted glass vase
Painting Glass Jars and Vases
Crafts Recycled CraftsApril 4, 2011
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Painted Chinese furniture.
Cleaning Painted Wood Furniture
🎉
🎄