In Memory Of Shasta

Shasta was 4 years old in this picture. A friend asked me if I wanted this cute little kitten, I said we had too many already, my friend that was with me, picked her up, and put her in the car. What a great friend! She was the neatest cat!

She used to love to ride on my mothers left shoulder while mom did household chores. She would just hang over her shoulder like a limp dishrag. In this picture, Shasta thought that she was the most special ornament in the tree! She was such a special member of the family. She is no longer with us and is terribly missed.

In Memory Of Shasta,

I am very sad that you lost your Shasta. I lost my cat Anthony this year also and miss him very much. He was part of our family like your Shasta must have been. We had to have him put down as he had a brain tumor and I cried and cried. He now rests in a special place in our back yard.

Here is a picture of Anthony, on the left, with his mate.

Oh, it's so sad when you lose a beloved furry friend, isn't it? I remember crying so hard when I was 8 years old, because some stupid kid with a BB gun shot and killed my kitty, Whiskers. And it gets no easier when, as an adult, you lose a furbaby. :-(

wow...that would have been a great pic, Shasta riding on mum's shoulder....thanx for sharing her pic.

Elizabeth, thanx for the pic of Anthony.

it is so very hard losing a furkid...the pain never goes away, it just gets a bit easier 2 handle.

i lost a dog in '96 n there isn't a day goes by that i don't think about her.

Thank you for sharing Shasta with us. I had to laugh

as my beloved AllieMae used to hide in the tree and the

first I realized it was when, I took a photo of

my husb in front of tree and when I got the photos back

she was in a couple of pictures! I wonder do they really

think they are hidden? I am sure she was a sweetie.

Thanks for sharing Shasta with us. We lost our lab mix dog, Suzie, Just before Christmas; she had a large tumor in her chest. I, too, cried and cried, and still cry every day. She was my Best Girl.

Photos Pets CatsDecember 25, 2008
Display Collections In A Memory Box
Making A Memory Box
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt
High School Reunion
Making Memory Books for a High School Reunion