BedroomDecorating

Paint Color To Match My Tiger Quilt

Category Bedroom

I am having trouble decorating my room because I have a tiger comforter that has stripes on it and it looks like a tiger. And I do not know what color to paint my walls. I am not sure what would match brown and black.

Sarah

Since you have a uniquely-patterned comforter, you will have to stick to a neutral wall color. I would recommend something in the beige family.

I agree. Stick to a relatively neutral color, or else you run the risk of clashing with your comforter. Maybe you could work around a safari theme, and choose a light earth or light moss color.

I would paint the room in either a muted mossy green or a soft creamy yellow/gold.

Go to the paint store (wal-mart paint is great) and look at their paint swatches. Pick up a couple of different ones in the brown family. Now take these cards home and compare them to your comforter. Find one that matches pretty close. These cards have paint samples on them that are all in the same family, but range from light to dark. Find the brown that matches the closest and then get the lightest shade of that (a tan color basically). Also if you are doing "tiger" some orange accessories might be nice and look good with brown. Sage greens are also a nice compliment to brown.

The creamy yellow, gold...something in that colour family would be awesome with tiger.