Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Solution for Shoes that Slip

Pin It
Leopard Slingbacks

Leopard Slingbacks

I just bought a delish pair of leopard print slingbacks. There are two problems. The first is that I made the error of trying them on with athletic socks, so I didn't realize that without that thick cotton, my foot slides forward. Which means that my toes hang off the front, looking like the shoes don't fit.
The second is that when they were rung in, the young woman went by what was on the box, saying that it was okay that they didn't match the shoes as they were clearance and the same price. So my receipt is worthless for returning them.

Are there any ways to sort of...prop my foot in there so it doesn't slide, besides those little gripper pads? I've never had much luck with those.

These are the shoes. Granted, they were cheap, but still, I'd like to get some use out of them.

Angel from NM

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Sue [2]09/01/2007

Or a cheap alternative if you have a hot glue gun is to put some hot glue where the ball of your foot goes.
It will after a while rub off in bits, but it is easy enough to replace.

By sandy [63]08/15/2007

just so long as you have the receipt i would try and go back to store. tell them just like you told us.

By Kim Churchman [3]08/14/2007

Very cute!
I would try and return them. Just take the receipt you have, tell your story and see if you don't get them returned after all. The attempt is free and you have a 50% chance of success!
Could you wear some outrageous pink socks and wear them with jeans or shorts?

By joan pecsek [88]08/11/2007

There's a pad you can buy in shoe stores. It's made of cork and goes in the front of your shoe. They work great but the don't last very long. The other day at a grocery store I saw something on the shoe accessories rack that had a name like "slipstop". It was an insole that said it would keep your foot from slipping around inside your shoe. They were horrible colors though: lime green, tangerine, etc.... Maybe they're not meant for open shoes. Check it out anyway, maybe where you live you can find them in better colors. Good luck, those shoes are gorgeous!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Solution for Shoes that Slip

I have a new pair of low heeled pumps that I like very much and seem to fit well except for the fact that they slip on my heels. Any suggestions to fix this problem? Claudia

RE: Solution for Shoes that Slip

Get some moleskin (Dr. Scholl's, in the foot care section or from a shoe repair place) and line the heel. That may help. (06/08/2005)

By seagrape

RE: Solution for Shoes that Slip

similar to the moleskin idea but cheaper, try putting full size band-aids on the inside of the heal of the shoe. you can build it up to the best fit and they wont cause blisters because of the padding. my sister taught me this when she worked as a shoe sales person in order to get a person to buy a shoe that didn't fit just perfect or because the customer had 2 different size feet or they were out of the customers regular size. you can save a great deal of money this way if you find a perfect pair of shoes on clearance that are just 1/2 size too big. another trick she taught me was to put crumpled up newspaper in the toe of the shoe which forces the food to sit further back against the heel cup. (06/08/2005)

By debbie

RE: Solution for Shoes that Slip

Dr. Scholls makes some pads specifically for this problem. They are near the moleskin at the store, but they are gray pads. I think they work better than moleskin or band-aids, although they do cost a bit more. (06/09/2005)

By Allison

RE: Solution for Shoes that Slip

My local Walmart sells "heel grips", 2 in a package, for .99. They are in the shoe department, on the rack with sholeaces, heel covers, etc. They have peel-off adhesive backing, and the part your heel touches looks sort of like Velcro -- I have never yet gotten a snag in my stockings from using them. (06/12/2005)

By Becki in Indiana

RE: Solution for Shoes that Slip

I have a pair of shoes that my mother bought for me, and they were what I would consider quite expensive. The guy at the shoe store told me that to prevent shoes from slipping at the heal, the thing that you DON'T want to do is put pads at the heal: what he recommended was a pad for the ball of the foot. You can find these in most drug stores, and even in some grocery stores that have areas where they sell first aid and personal type supplies. Putting those pads in the heel pushes your foot forward, and that's precisely the type of thing that can make people develop corns. What this does it is tighten the space at the toe. A ball of the foot pad simply raises the ball of the foot a bit, and pushes your foot forward, but without squeezing your toes in the process. You can put one or more of these pads in your shoe, depending on how many it takes to fix the problem, without making the shoe too tight in the toe. It's actually a nice way to go, because no one can see what you have done. You also don't have to worry about whether the ball of the foot pad will come out. It is stuck to the inside of the shoe with a tape that is on the back. You don't put it all the way to the toe, but just beyond where the arch of the shoe is. It worked quite well for me! (06/17/2005)

By skbeal