Have a Bonus Chore on Your Chart

When making a chore chart for children, at the end I have printed in large flashy letters BONUS! If all regular chores are finished, they are allowed to ask for bonus chore if they wish. No one knows what it is or what the prize will be (except me). If they ask for the bonus chore they get it, and when completed receive a reward; sometimes a dollar or sometimes a candy bar. Whatever you can use your imagination but it gets some of the "why me" chores done in a pleasant way. And I don't tell them what the reward is until the job is done either. It's more fun that way.

By Beth from Ft. Blackmore, VA

You gotta be sharp to raise kids these days! My parents just said "DO IT!!" and we did.

This is a wonderful idea! I always had chore charts for my kids, but I never thought of a "Bonus Chore". I simply love this idea!

Making a Chore Chart for Children
Making a Chore Chart for Children
Parenting General Parenting Family StructureApril 8, 2009
framed felt and floss color chart
Making an Embroidery Floss and Felt Color Code Chart
Hand Blender
Cleaning a Hand Blender
Growth Chart
Making a Growth Chart for Your Kids
Garden Pond
Building a Garden Pond
🎄
🍂