Sewing Pattern for a Cosmetics Purse

I'm looking for a very easy pattern for a small bag suitable for use as a purse for cosmetics. I'm just learning to sew so I can only manage the very basics. It has to be really simple so that I can follow it. Please help!

Sharon from UK

Start with a small piece of cloth that's at least 6x6 inches.

1. On the back of your fabric, trace a round shape using a small dish or salad plate.

2. Cut out the circle.

3. Turn down the edge of the fabric by half an inch and sew down the fabric. Leave a small opening on two opposite sides. Then feed two pretty ribbons through the chanel you've made with the overturned edge. Feed the ribbon all the way through the chanel and then back out the same entry. Then feed the second ribbon through the other hole and all the way through the chanel. Use a safety pin to help you drag the ribbon through. Then affix buttons to the ends of the ribbon.

Crafts SewingNovember 30, 2005
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Two baby cradle church purses with Kewpie dolls inside.
Crocheted Baby Cradle Purse
Purse decorated with CDs.
Making a CD Purse