Repairing Purse Straps

Category Other
Purse straps are definitely the part of the purse that gets the most stress so are more likely to need repairing. This is a guide about repairing purse straps.

I got this purse from a lady I babysit for who was getting rid of it because she was dissapointed in the straps. So I figure it's free and I like it. How do I fix the straps? The body is good; it's just the straps look like hell.

Answers

Best Answer

It's hard to tell from the picture, Jessica, but can you remove those straps entirely? If so, check out a local fabric shop or hardware store for durable, attractive yet light-weight chain you can use instead?

The other option is to take it to your local shoe repair shop and see what they can do to help. Good luck!

Best Answer

The straps need to be replaced-they are too far gone to fix. A good shoe repair service can replace the straps for you, however, the cost may be more than you want to pay. You can request an estimate from the shoe repair service to decide.

I have a brand new fake vinyl Coach purse. The straps are stretched to thread and vinyl is broken where the end wraps around metal ring. What to do?

By Nancy from Elkton, MD

Answers

Best Answer

I have used E-6000 glue and even gorilla glue to glue the strap back in place. If you use gorilla use very little as it "grows" or foams up. Just put a bit into the strap, vise it - with a clothes pin or gripper vise til it sets and it will be good as new. Good luck.

Best Answer

I had a purse like that, I shortened the straps enough to fit around the loop, bought match rivets and reattached, took about 10 minutes and looks great

I have a Micheal Kors bag and one day all of a sudden, the shoulder strap just tore apart. I really like this bag, is there any way I could fix it?

Should I glue it, how? Should I sew it, with what?

Answers

Best Answer

It looks like a nice purse so why not consider taking it to a shoe repair shop and ask if they can fix it. Just Google shoe and purse repair and your zip and maybe there will be several to choose from.

My purse straps are disintegrating. I love how organised this bag keeps me. Please help me restore the straps.

Answers

Best Answer

As your bag is very important to you, might be worth taking it to a good shoe repair service for an estimate on repair. Most shoe repair services provide repairs for much more than just shoes-belts, leather clothing and other goods, etc.

From your picture, it appears the bag's handles are not leather, however, a shoe repair service will be able to provide a good repair as they have the machines, tools and materials and expertise that most people do not have.