Save Hardware From Old Purses

Buckles and other hardware from old purses can be saved for crafts or repairing another purse later on. This is a page about save hardware from old purses.

Before you throw out your worn or dated purse, remove and save the handles, zippers, leather and other hardware to use again on a home made purse. These parts are expensive to buy new. I search yard sales and second hand stores for cheap purses with really great handles and the nice hardware that comes with it, for about $2.00 per purse.

But, I don't stop there! If I have a favorite but older purse that is on it's way out, I take a photo, then take it apart and use the parts to make pattern pieces, I tend to like the same comfy shape in a bag.

The handles will work on any bag, felted, crochet, fabric, or plastic, and I add embellishments in coordinating colors to tie it all together, you get the idea! :-)

Hope this helps you get started on your first purse or helps you to add something new to your next purse.

I'm not just fickle, I'm thrifty too!

By ficklephonebug from Bakersfield, CA

Crafts AdviceJune 28, 2017
😷
😎
📓
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Save-Hardware-From-Old-Purses-1.html