Fixing Up a Worn-Out Leather Handbag
If you have a beloved leather handbag that has worn-out parts, it's often possible to fix or refurbish them for more years of use. Look for leather bags with minor problems at thrift stores and garage sales.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I found a beautiful designer handbag in a consignment shop for $30. If it were new it would retail for over $400. It had worn handles, but there is a product called Edge Kote that made it look like new.
Total Time: 10 minutes per coat of Edge Kote
Yield: One bottle lasts for a long time.
- 1 bottle Edge Kote (I got mine at Amazon)
- 1 leather product that needs repair
- small brush or Q-tips
- newspaper or rags to protect the surface you are working on
- Put a small amount of Edge Kote on the area that needs repair.
- Wait at least 10 minutes between coats.
- When you are done you can buff if you want it shinier, or sand if you want it duller. I liked mine just the way it was.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.