What Is Bisquick?

I see in a lot of recipes they use Bisquick. What is it?

By Snazzy from Pretoria, South Africa

Best Answer

Bisquick is a trade name of a product that is the dry ingredents for basic baking. If you mix certain wet ingredients (eggs, milk, butter) you get bisquits, other wet ingredents will result in pancakes or waffles.

Best Answer

A biscuit mix for making biscuits or pancakes. In US is on the baking aisle in grocery stores

Best Answer

Take a look at this link & a picture is worth a thousand words:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/product ... .htm?WT.mc_id=vanityurl_web_bisquick

I am not sure that pancakes & biscuts mean exactly the same thing down your way. By the way, Betty Crocker is a ficticious entity created by some advertising agency many years ago. A great product, use it a lot myself!

A multi purpose baking product, you can make your own with recipes off the internet really easy.

And a very handy staple to have in your pantry. The home made mixes are as good, but probably not as shelf stable because of no preservatives. I would store mine in the refrigerator I think.

biscuits, scones, coffee cakes , quick nut breads, "cobblers" ( quick fruit baked dessert) , fast pies and quiches using a blender , dumplings for stew, drop cookies. Haven't made anything rolled out in 50 years...nor sure if I could.

Just about any baked good that uses flour, non liquid fat, baking powder as a base-- you then add the other requirements of the receipe. For savings I used dry milk for years in lieu of fluid-- other dried ingredients ( eggs for instance) can also be used.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceApril 14, 2009
Bisquick Mix Recipe
Homemade Bisquick Mix Recipes