Share Crafts

Uses for Old Shoes

What can I do with old tennis shoes and steel toed work boots?

By timnc2708 from Winston, GA

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Litter Gitter 148 557 09/28/2009

I have seen potted plants in old work boots and it was cute. I wish I had a pair of my daddy's old worn out work boots he wore farming.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By kathleen williams 76 1,662 09/29/2009

Donate them. Good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Tara D. 7 24 09/30/2009

I don't know if you have a FinishLine store near you but I know they all have bins in the stores where they take old shoes and recycle them to donate to needy children. If you don't have a FinishLine store you could call around to other sporting goods stores and see if they do something similar.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Jacquelyn Valentine 13 190 09/30/2009

Sometimes I take old shoes to the shoe repair place and have them resoled or fixed in whatever way they can. Then I either take them home or give them to the Veterans place around here that runs a resale shop.

The planter idea is good, and I've seen that done in a really cute way before. you can leave them as they are or paint them to match your outside decor.

My daughter has a dog that loves to chew and they can't keep him in toys, so they give him old rubber shoe soles to chew on. I know it sounds counter productive, since nobody wants a dog that thinks it's alright to chew on shoes, but he seems to understand that this is his toy and the other ones are for people.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Sandi/Poor But Proud 451 2,086 09/30/2009

All the ideas are great. I once stashed a spare key inside the tongue of a pair that had plants in them. No one ever caught on. If you plant them, chiken and hens grow great in them...just check it out for yourself.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By carole 15 42 09/30/2009

Use them for planters. Really cute!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No