CandiesBaking & Desserts

Banana Candy

Mash 4-5 Banana's and 1 whole box of powdered sugar together. Knead with your hands and form into a dough. Next roll out onto was paper and spread a thin layer of peanut butter onto your dough and roll into a log and cut out little pieces! A sweet treat, sure to be a holiday favorite!! This has been in my family for generations.

Source: My Daddy makes this every Christmas! It's my Great Great Grandfather's recipe.

By Karen from Union, SC

wow this sounds so good! How much powdered sugar is in a box? Our powdered sugar comes in bags, usually 500g or 1kg. (so 2 or 4 cups)

Don't the bananas turn brown?

Anonymous

I am thinking that since the bananas are mixed with powdered suger and coated with peanut butter that the banana's wouldn't turn brown as long as refridgerated but is a good question so please let us know :-)

Also, the question about the size of the powdered suger box would definitely be helpful :-)

This does sound really yummy and I'll try it if ya give us a bit more info :-)

You can add more or less powdered sugar(he sometimes puts 2 boxes in his!) and the banana's do not turn brown. My Dad made this sweet treat over Christmas as he always does and I snapped a picture.

Yes I use the 1 box which would be about 2 cups I would say, but my Dad uses more like 2 boxes. It depends on you and your tastes really. He likes super sweet and I think it is sweet just with one box.

Can someone help me to correct something? I tried this and could not form a dough firm enough to do anything with...it was really wet and mostly liquid. I added more and more powdered sugar to dry it out but then you could not taste the banana by the time all was said and done. Any suggestions? Thanks!