Banana Candy

Mash 4-5 Banana's and 1 whole box of powdered sugar together. Knead with your hands and form into a dough. Next roll out onto was paper and spread a thin layer of peanut butter onto your dough and roll into a log and cut out little pieces! A sweet treat, sure to be a holiday favorite!! This has been in my family for generations.

Source: My Daddy makes this every Christmas! It's my Great Great Grandfather's recipe.

By Karen from Union, SC

wow this sounds so good! How much powdered sugar is in a box? Our powdered sugar comes in bags, usually 500g or 1kg. (so 2 or 4 cups)

Don't the bananas turn brown?

I am thinking that since the bananas are mixed with powdered suger and coated with peanut butter that the banana's wouldn't turn brown as long as refridgerated but is a good question so please let us know :-)

Also, the question about the size of the powdered suger box would definitely be helpful :-)

This does sound really yummy and I'll try it if ya give us a bit more info :-)

You can add more or less powdered sugar(he sometimes puts 2 boxes in his!) and the banana's do not turn brown. My Dad made this sweet treat over Christmas as he always does and I snapped a picture.

Yes I use the 1 box which would be about 2 cups I would say, but my Dad uses more like 2 boxes. It depends on you and your tastes really. He likes super sweet and I think it is sweet just with one box.

Can someone help me to correct something? I tried this and could not form a dough firm enough to do anything was really wet and mostly liquid. I added more and more powdered sugar to dry it out but then you could not taste the banana by the time all was said and done. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CandiesDecember 18, 2008
banana pie
Banana Pie Recipes
three banana peppers
Freezing Banana Peppers
Banana Split
Making a Banana Split
Sliced banana bread on a cutting board.
Freezing Banana Bread