Banana Cream Pie Recipes

This is a banana pie made with yogurt and vanilla pudding.

• 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup yogurt, vanilla flavored or plain
  • 1 3.4 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 1 9 inch pastry shell, baked
  • 3 large, firm bananas sliced into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 8 ounce carton frozen whipped topping thawed

1. In a bowl, beat milk, yogurt, and pudding mix until smooth.
  2. Place 1/3 if banana slices into pastry shell.
  3. Top with half the pudding mixture.
  4. Repeat layers of bananas and pudding mixture.
  5. Arrange the bananas that are left on top of the pie.
  6. Cover with whipped topping.
  7. Chill for two or more hours.

More Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

Blend sugar, cornstarch, flour, and salt. Add milk. Cook and stir constantly until thickens. Add well beaten egg yolks. Cook 1 minutes longer.

You don't have to give up yummy desserts just because you are dieting. This healthy treat is both delicious and diet friendly.

Super easy pie recipe! Quick to fix!

Mix flour, 2/3 cup sugar and salt. Gradually add milk. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Cook 2 minutes, remove from heat.

Place milk in a 4 cup glass measure. Heat in microwave on medium high for 5-6 minutes or until scalded. Mix together sugar, cornstarch, and salt in 2 qt. casserole.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F degrees F. Mix wafer crumbs and butter until well blended; press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 5 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown.

Combine pudding mix, milk, and 4 Tbsp. coffee (if desired) in a medium bowl, stirring with a wire whisk until smooth. Gently fold 1 cup whipped topping into pudding mixture.

Place bananas in bottom of cooled crust. Pour cooled filling over bananas. In small bowl, beat whipped cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread over filling...

16 Questions

Looking for an amazing banana cream pie recipe!

Amber from Arizona

Answers

allrecipes.com/.../Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=banana+cream...

Lots of Banana Cream Pie recipes to choose from.

Try this, it's my husband's fave!
Use vanilla wafers instead of graham crackers to make the crust. Make instant banana cream flavoured pudding and fold in half of an 8 ounce tub of thawed french vanilla cool-whip. Slice up a few bananas. now... layer this way:
pudding, bananas, pudding, bananas until it's as full as you like... I make it heaping. Chill this well. Then "frost" with the rest of the cool-whip. I get requests for this one most.

I don't have my recipe on me, but I can tell you if you are making the custard from scratch, pour the hot custard into a glass pie pan to cool for 30 minutes before you mix in the bananas. This is true of chocolate cream pie, or coconut cream pie too. Pouring very hot custard into a baked pie shell will make the pie shell get soggy faster. Cooling it down first gives the crust a fighting chance.

By kathy (Guest Post)

My recipe is so easy. First buy a keebler or any brand graham cracker crust or most times I use the chocolate pie crust. then I make the cooked type of vanilla pudding, 1 box is good for an 8'' pie. I then slice up 2-3 soft bananas; not too ripe and not too firm, right into the bottom of the pie shell, add the pudding on top and refrigerate about 4 hours. Top with homemade whipped cream or reddi whip. I'm always asked to bring this and my chocolate cream pie to all family functions. Good Luck!

3 or 4 Bananas
1 graham cracker crust pie shell
1 box of Jello Instant banana pudding
1 tub of cool whip
You can slice bananas and put in bottom of pie crust.
Mix pudding by following directions on box.
Pour pudding into pie crust. slice mor bananas and add to top of pudding andd your cool whip to top of pie. Refrigate to you are ready for dessert.

Answer this Question

How many little jars does this recipe make?

Answers

I think she is talking about this recipe:

www.thriftyfun.com/Banana-Cream-Pie-in-a-Jar.html

It looks like it made 6 pies, using those small canning jars.

Answer this Question

These tasty bars allow you to enjoy the rich flavors of a banana cream pie. This page features a recipe for making triple-layer banana cream pie bars.

A banana cream pie bar.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about banana cream pie in a jar. A cute way to single serve this American traditional pie is in glass jars.

Banana Cream Pie in a Jar

I know that it says to use all the fat free stuff, but I never do. I like the good old fat foods!

Combine cornstarch, sugar and salt in top of double boiler. Gradually whisk in milk.

Mix pudding and cold milk well, and while it thickens, line crusts with bananas.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Pies CreamJuly 21, 2011
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Banana-Cream-Pie-Recipes.html