Turn your plastic eggs into blooms. Create several for a unique table centerpiece.
Approximate Time: About 30 minutes
- cardboard tube
- green craft foam
- assorted colors of craft foam
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- plastic eggs
- plastic sandwich bags
- uncooked rice or beans
- For each flower, draw and cut two flower shapes from two different colors of craft foam. I used pink and purple. (The flower designs are approximately 6 inches in diameter.) You can search the Internet for flower patterns and enlarge them as necessary.
- Trace the end of the cardboard tube onto the center of each flower, then cut out the circle.
- To make the flower stem, cut a piece of green craft foam to fit around cardboard tube. Glue green foam to tube.
- Push the foam covered stem through the holes in the foam petals, as shown in photo.
- Glue an egg in place for the flower center.
- For added stability, you can place a sealed sandwich bag of uncooked rice or beans inside the stem to anchor it.
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!