Daisy (Burro)

contest winner icon

Daisy is my 8 year old BLM (Bureau of Land Management) standard donkey/burro. I got her 2 years ago, as a rescue. She was living in a 12x12 foot pen for two years, I couldn't leave her there!

We go for walks. I ride her and am starting to teach her to drive. She's very affectionate and loving. She lets you kiss her on her nose.

By Akyra

Daisy is beautiful and I can tell how much you love her by how you speak of her and how well groomed she is! I'll bet she loves you even more than you love her for rescuing her! Bless you!

Two years is such a very long time. Poor little girl. All our family thanks you for rescuing her, and for sharing

her photo with us. She is adorable.

Pookarina

Daisy is a beautiful girl and what a rewarding rescue story.

Awww. Thank you so much for giving her a loving home. The people that had her should be punished! Daisy is just the sweetest girl.

Now this brings back memories! My brother used to raise donkeys when he was alive. He had at one point 7 of them (along with a few horses, cows, goats, ducks, chickens, etc) One of them was my favorite. He was a Mammoth Jack named Beau Jack. He was a lot of fun!

Every time I'd go to the pasture the first few minutes I'd be there I always had to grab hold of a tree for dear life because here would come Beau Jack and he'd pin me up against the tree and rub his head up and down my back! Felt wonderful but if I let go of the tree I'd be flat on my face! LOL

Also I used to go to the pasture to study when I was in college. I'd go there and spread my books around me and lean up against a tree to study. Before long, guess who would show up! None other than Beau Jack! This huge donkey would lay down next to me and plop that huge head of his in my lap! I'd have to dig my books out from under his head and prop them up on top of his head so I could study!

He'd lay there for a little while, then get up and start nudging me to come play! I really loved that donkey!

He even looked a lot like your Daisy, except a lot bigger, and of course male! Thanks for the reminder of those memories!

Photos Pets OtherJanuary 28, 2011
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Donald and Daisy Duck Costume
Chamomile Flowers
Growing Chamomile
Daisy Tree
Growing a Daisy Tree
🎄