Dollhouse from Recycled Items

Make a dollhouse from recycled items, have fun and wow the kids!

Don't believe it's possible?

See more photos of FoundHaus at

By Daria from San Diego, CA

Classically a lot of doll houses were just that - shelves - As a kid, I collected all sorts of miniatures for my doll house - and used tiny aluminum samples for trays and decorative sale & pepper shakers, one was a little TV. Miniatures were much harder to find then - and it was great fun! Now we have all these plastic bits and bobs to use. Even mousepads that are little carpets! It's the imagination that counts here....

I love it! I had to go to the site to look at the other pictures. Its the kind of thing that I used to do as a kid, and will soon do with my granddaughter. It is so much fun to see what you can make out of things around to house. Thanks for sharing, and for reminding me what fun can be had with a little creativity.

what an awesome job. Your imagination is above and beyond. It looks like so much fun. Every child would love this.

WOW! That's truly one of a kind! I'd love to come over and play! Super job well done :)

Jennifer CA

When I was a kid we used to make our own Barbie houses. It was fun and we used our imaginations to create and to play. I'm glad to see other people are still doing this!

Love this! You could also make an apartment building along the same lines! It is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Oh my gosh! You just brought back so many childhood memories for me. I built a house for my Barbie. It sat on the floor of an open closet and I designed, decorated and redecorated it many times over the years. We used to have a wood burning stove, so my mom used alot of matches that came in those great little boxes. Boy, those were great for making all kinds of furnishing. Looking at all your pics reminded me of all the little "finds" I used for the house. Thanks so much for sharing and here's to many more fun times completing your house.

Love it ! Reminds me of how when I was a little girl, we could not afford a dollhouse. I made one with cardboard boxes and my friends would want to come over to my apt instead to play with mine. Thanks for the memories and great job ! :)

Recycled Dollhouse
Making a Recycled Dollhouse
Crafts ToysOctober 25, 2007
An old fashioned kitchen in a dollhouse
Furnishing a Dollhouse
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items
🎉
🎄