Craft: Blarney Stone Pin

Here is a teenage craft for St. Patrick's Day craft that is quick and easy and does not take a whole lot of time. It could even be adapted to younger kids by using larger stones that could be used as paperweights. The origins of the Blarney Stone's magical properties aren't clear, but one legend says that an old woman cast a spell on the stone to "reward" a king who had saved her from drowning. Kissing the stone while under the spell gave the king the ability to speak sweetly and convincingly.

Materials

• Small polished stones, you need ones that are pretty flat. You can purchase these at Walmart in the floral department they are used in the bottom of vases.
  • Permanent markers - I used gold first and then went over it with black Sharpie to make it stand out more.
  • Pin back - you can buy these with an adhesive back which is what I used, but the ones without are less expensive and are fine for teenagers who can handle using a hot glue gun.
  • Hot glue or E-6000

Instructions

With the permanent makers write "My Blarney Stone" or "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" on your pretty stone. Attach pin back.

May this give you the power to be as eloquent as any old leprechaun!

What a great idea! I began to scheme as soon as I saw it. I think I'll make one for all my family members and of course, me as I love holiday themed pins and try to make a new one for each holiday every year. I take the pins off the old ones and make door wreaths with them to donate or give away. Shamrock bouquet from me to you for such a great simple idea.