Product Review: Ponds Clean Sweep Towelettes

Product: Ponds Clean Sweep Microdermabrasion Wet Cleansing Towelettes

Manufacturer: Ponds

Cost: $5.99 (appx.)

I have had such a time with cleansing my face. I wash my face very carefully twice a day. But no matter what kind of cleanser I use, when I put toner on a cotton ball after washing my face, it comes back dirty.

I don't even use foundation, but just a little concealer (very little) and blush that is non-comedogenic (doesn't clog pores), so is the concealer. But I understand that they were clogging my pores, along with other general dirt.

Besides the cotton ball came back dirty all over my face, not just where I put concealer and blush. Ok, I know about pollution and other factors.

Now someone gave me advice from this site that that's what toner does; it removes excess dirt. I know that, but this was ridiculous.

So I thought I'd let you know that I've been using Ponds cleansing cloths twice a day and when I use my toner, nothing comes off on the cotton ball.

Ponds Clean Sweep Microdermabrasion wet cleansing towelettes, 30 for around $5.00 at Wallmart and Walgreens (a drug store).

http://www.ponds.com (1-800-909-9493)

They even remove waterproof mascara, are gentle and non burning around the eyes. So far I havn't lost an eyelash or had the tips broken off any lashes.

One side is smooth and the other side has tiny bumps on it which is the microdermabrasion side.

I read about this product on Thriftyfun.com and I don't remember who it was that talked about it, but a general thanks to everyone.

All the best.

By Smoochie from Houston, TX

Thanks for that review. I really like my face clean also, and I try to use product that don't clog my pores. I will definitely buy some of these and so will my daughter. Thanks again!

Thanks for the review.

I also use it but I buy mine at Big Lots. They're$3.50 there.

While I like Ponds Facial Towelettes in the cucumber scent. Unless I have a high value coupon, they're too costly now for my purse. I've been using White Cloud Aloe Vera Wipes (purple refill package at Walmart. most cost effective for the big package.) They work fine on my face. I read last night where a person should only wash their face once a day, & that should be before bedtime. I guess I'm out of that, as I wash mine in the shower and at bedtime. As for you getting dirt off your face when you wipe it everytime. We all perspire even when we don't know we are.

I'm a nurse and have some experience with dermatology. All this expensive stuff we put on our faces are promoted by the companies to boost their sales. And the fact is that most of these products are too harsh for our skin. Unless you have really oily skin, you should only clean your face with mild soap once a day. Cleansing your face more than once daily strips off vital oils that balance the pH and protect the delicate skin. Messing with the protective pH balance leaves you more prone to break-outs. Be careful about that. I use the Dove cleansing cloths and love them...but one frugal tip...cut them in half! You get twice the product! Cetaphil is awesome stuff too, but spendy. Since I'm cheap, I like the generic Equate brand for Cetaphil at Walmart. I use both products and have had great success with my sensitive skin.

When you wipe your face with the toner it is supposed to also remove the dead skin cells and the excess oil, so you might be seeing the dead skin cells not really dirt. I think that the Wipes also remove the dead skin cells that is why you don't see dirt after.

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care CleansingDecember 3, 2008
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
Laundry Drying Outside
Reviews of Wind Fresh Laundry Detergent
two young African American women with curly hair
Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal
🎄
🍂