Organizing Warranties

Category Paperwork
Keeping your product warranties organized can help you determine if there is a solution to a product's failure or allow you to review replacement policies. This is a guide about organizing warranties.

When I receive catalogs in the post, I save all the envelopes. The ones I can't recycle (if they have advertisements, etc. on them) I lay aside in my "guarantee folder".

Then, when I purchase an item that is guaranteed, I place the receipt in the envelope and, on the front, I jot down the name of the item. date of purchase and length of guarantee.

No hunting around when something breaks down. ;-)

Source: Something I've done for many years.

By marion davidson from Scotland

Take your product warranty, directions and store receipt and slide them into a clear sleeve. Place in a three ring binder. Put a label on the outside of the binder; Kitchen appliance, electronics, Lawn care, computer, etc. You can place these binders in the room that goes with the label or in a book case. Now you can easily find the paper work you may need for repairs and so on.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes