Plant Pumpkins In Indoor Pots Now for Next Year

Get a head start on the growing season by starting now. Yes before Christmas and here in Canada, the middle of winter.

Grow your own pumpkins or gourds starting them now in pots. By the time the spring comes and it is time to plant outdoors, your plants will be big and by the end of the planting season, you will have huge pumpkins or gourds.

The pumpkin plants look wonderful in a pot, and as they grow larger, really look spectacular. Will soon be starting some of my luffa sponge gourds.

Enjoy planting even in the winter. Get a head start on spring.

By Karyn from Ottawa, Canada

Where do you get the pumpkins seeds? Take them out of the pumpkins we all got around Halloween and Thanksgiving? And then just plant them? How careful do you have to be with them? Please send me info. Thanks Jamish

What a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing.

I just took my pumpkin from the garden, and washed the seeds and let them dry for a few days. Once dried, planted them in a pot. Each day I mist the pot with a spray of water and am just waiting for them to pop up. I have also done this with Easter Egg Plant seeds. These ones are cool as they grow eggs that look like chicken eggs, then once mature, they turn a bright yellow.

Most plant seeds that go outdoors can be started indoors now and then placed outdoors in the spring. Have fun gardening now. Why wait till the spring?

Home and Garden Gardening GrowingDecember 5, 2007
Carving Foam Pumpkins
Carving Foam Pumpkins
Fall decoration with pumpkins, gourds, and Indian corn.
Decorating with Pumpkins
painted pumpkins
Decorating Pumpkins Without Carving Them
Cupcakes decorated as pumpkins.
Making Pumpkin Cupcakes