WallpaperHome Improvement

Wallpapering with Catalog Pages

I would like to wallpaper a bathroom using old catalog pages. Could anyone give some advice or tips?

Thank you,
Sandy from Galveston IN

If you know how to Deoupage, try Royal Coat brand on back of paper, place on your wall, & smooth, no wrinkles in it. Let it dry & go over it again with Royal Coat & let dry.Use small sponge brush, well several. About .19 cents in Craft Department at Wall-Mart, R/C is there too. To do a whole bath you should Clear Coat (outdoors non yellowing) type 2-3 coats leting each dry good first. Use a paint pan & roller for this part. You have to keep moisture fom your pages. This is called ~

"The Poor Mans Art".

Year ago only the well to do could afford nice things,

others used the Poor Mans Art to do wall hanging, cabinet, & counter tops too. This was a Great Decoraation & still is. You have a great idea, now go with the flo. you might try your hand at The Toilet Lid. A Betty Boop, maybe. Try Google image's & print something. It does not have to fit the entire Lid. Just use 3 coats of Clear Craft Varnish

over it

& foam brush. No Moisture.

Lots of luck, Sherry.

This is Sherry again. I would use Card Stock Paper to print on, it's thicker than print paper. I t should dry 24 hours befor you Decoupage ~~ ink could run!

Here is a Memory Box that I measured the Lid & cut out a scene from a calendar & Decoupaged everything, except I painted the Box first. Buy interesting calendars & save.

I papered one wall of a small room with old sheet music and used liquid starch to afix it to the wall. The starch gives it a light sheen when it dries and also makes the paper easy to remove when you are ready to re-paper.