Installing Curtains in an Old Tent Trailer

I need to install new curtains in an old tent trailer. The channel is already mounted. I cannot find a way to attach curtains to the channel.

By Quiltblock1234 from Calgary, AB

I had to do this years ago. I went to a trim shop (automobile interior installers) and got some heavy duty snaps and a tool that pressed the snap into the material. The other side of the snap is then screwed onto the rail of the tent camper. Then you just need to snap in the canvas. It was actually quite easy to do. You might also check with an RV dealer to get the snaps. Good luck and happy camping!

I was thinking that you might first make your curtains. Then work buttonholes on the top portion of the curtain. Then use leather shoelaces, ribbon, or fabric ties to attach the curtain to the channel.

Hope this makes sense! Good luck.

I had one too. If your fabric is not too thick, you roll over the edge like a "rod and pocket" curtain and put a clothes line through the pocket. String through the metal channel (cloth and rope combined will slip in together) like the rubber on the old curtain did. When it is through the channel, knot the clothes line so it won't slip when opening curtains. It works and it's cheap and easy.

Consumer Advice General AdviceMay 19, 2009
Sky Blue Retro Travel Trailer 3
Buying a Used Travel Trailer
Cleaning a Tent, Tent in wet conditions
Cleaning a Tent
Blue and Yellow Dome Tent
Buying a Tent
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
🎄