Sideburn Trimmers for Dog Grooming

If you have a small dog or puppy with very fine soft fur, you know how hard it is to groom them with a big, noisy (and expensive) electric corded pet groomer. I've struggled with it for the last 9 years, because my wiggly Pekingese would try to get away as soon as she heard the noise.

Last night, it occurred to me that the cordless rechargeable Wahl sideburns trimmer that I'd recently given my husband was small and quiet, and might work to get a hard hopelessly knotted fur clump cut off my dog's tummy. She actually stayed still and let me trim it! Then she let me trim her paw fur neatly on all four paws and all the hard to reach delicate areas that scissors are way too dangerous for.

My husband was so happy that we'd finally found the secret to do this without stress, that he tactfully ignored that we were using his new trimmer. Luckily, they are less than $20 at Walmart, lol. I promise honey, I'll get you a new one!

By Mary

from Mountain Pine, AR

Great idea! :-)

Grooming Your Dog, Cocker puppy in a tub with a rubber duckie.
Grooming Your Dog
Pets GroomingFebruary 9, 2009
Hedge Trimmers
Sharpening Hedge Trimmers
Wet dog wrapped in a blue towel.
Grooming Difficult Dogs
Long Haired Dachshunds
Grooming Long Haired Dachshunds
Cute terrier being combed.
Saving Money on Dog Grooming