Scars from Breast Reduction Surgery

I have breast reduction red and brown scars that don't go away. Also, the skin is loose in scars because I had injections to flatten them. Even though the scars are flat, now but they are red and brown. What should I use as a home remedy? I also have blue veins on my breast. What should I use as home remedy for that?

Check with your doctor for the most effective ways to minimize the scars and determine what the blue veins are caused by.

My sister had decided to get breast reduction surgery until she found out just how bad the scars would be... She eventually lost a bunch of weight & that has helped tremendously... I've had a lot of luck getting rid of scars, age marks & acne scars by using "StriVecton-SD" ... It works by speeding up your cell turnover... You'll get a bit of shedding & flaking of skin, but that's just the medicine doing it's job... This stuff is pricey (over $100) but you can SOMETIMES buy a good "knockoff" at Wallgreens or another drug store, but BEWARE, after reading the ingredients, I've found that some are NOT very good! You'll not always get the right ingredients in the knockoffs... You're looking for "Peptides".. in the ingredients. That's what does the work...

*** Here is an inexpensive knockoff that I've used & just LOVE, it's high quality & has the same ingredients as StriVecton-SD, & works GREAT!... I can't find it on the web, but maybe you can. It cost around $30 for a tube. These guys did actual clinical tests. They say in the side of the box: "It has the same Amino Peptides as StriVecton-SD"

---> Body Fantasies - Facial Wrinkle Repair & Stretch Mark Treatment:

* If you have the money (or insurance) you could possibly have a qualified dermatologist do laser treatment on you scars, but I'd wait until they've faded & healed as much as possible first... (wait at least a year or 2 after the surgery was done)

Here is an article about scar treatment: (mostly dermabrasion & lasers)

This stuff sounds a lot like the StriVecton-SD I talked about above:

StriVecton-SD: (directly from the manufacturer)

---> I had EXTREMELY BAD dark purple stretch marks on my breasts after having my son... In time, they faded to red, then to pink, & now they are a light silver & you can hardly see them... I'd think that with a bit of vitamin E & time, your surgery scars will look much better... This may take several years, but the WILL look better with time! ... The StriVecton-SD just speeds the process up... I've been very happy with both StriVecton-SD & the knock off (above) I tried... It lasts a long time because you only need a little.

* The blue veins are probably cause by transparent skin & I doubt anything can be done about them... Ask a dermatologist... or better yet, call the Doctor who did your breast reduction surgery about your problems... He (or She) may have the answers you need!

Scars will never completely go away. But Vitamin E oil and several weeks time should make them fade quite a bit.

For a natural remedy, try straight lavender essential oil. It has to be 100 percent the essential oil not fragrance. Test a small area first to see if you have an allergic reaction. Lavender oil is one of the very few essentials you can apply straight. Mix it with Vit E for a even better one.

I worked with a lady who literally swore by vitamen E. She just used ordinary capsules, opened them with a pin and applied it to the scar in the am and pm.

While I was working with her she slammed her thumb in the door of her car - you wouldn't believe what it looked like. Plus she had really beautiful, naturally long and healthy fingernails. Sure enough, twice a day, the nail eventually did fall off, but there was a new, undamaged nail under it and her scar was completely gone. I don't remember how long it took, but what the heck? It's cheap and it worked great for her.

I have also heard that cod live oil is a very old remedy for stretch marks. Unfortunately, I didn't have the disclipline to apply it twice a day, but maybe you will. I don't know if it would work for scars, but it couldn't hurt.

Good luck from Smoochie

I'm not sure where you live, but if it's in Australia, look for a product called Bio-Oil. It's a blend of different oils to combat skin problems such as stretch marks, scars and blemishes.

Vitamin e! and I've heard it works best when coupled with a vitamin a/d supplement. Also the blue veins are usually due to transparent skin. I have the same thing and just had to learn to love it:)

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin CareJanuary 29, 2008
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
making a turkey breast
Cooking a Perfect Turkey Breast
Breast Cancer Detection and Prevention
Breast Cancer Prevention
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)