Drying and Saving Toadstools

Hi, Does any one have any ideas on how to dry and save toadstools? I am working on baskets made from twigs and I thought the toadstools would make a nice decoration.

Pauley

Wow, the baskets sound like they would be really neat. Sorry I can't answer your ?? about drying the toadstools. I don't know where you live or what kind of toadstools you're talking about but here in Texas a lot of them are poisonous. Just something to consider if these "decorations" will be around small kids.

Have you thought of making the toadstools from clay, instead? Good luck!

I do not advise drying and saving toadstools. There are so many that are very poisonous and it can be hard to learn to identify the good from the bad. You could probably absorb the poison through your skin or a cut on your hand. It would definitely be better to try to make them from clay instead.

Crafts AdviceSeptember 8, 2004
Dried orange slices, bundle of cinnamon sticks, and cloves.
Drying Oranges
A pile of dried apple slices.
Drying Apples
Dried Bananas
Drying Bananas
Dried Carrots
Drying Vegetables
🎉
🎄