Slipcover Patterns for a Wooden Chair

I want to sew a slipcover for the wooden chair to my makeup table. It has a normal size back. I would like the ruffled skirt to be to the floor and have the ties in the back to make a big bow (like country cottage style I've seen in magazines). Has anyone made one of these or could recommend a pattern that they liked. I'm not sure how to attach the skirt to the seat and back.

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

I wanted to do the same thing with an old kitchen chair that I wanted to use with my vanity table. I bought one of those dining room chair slipcovers that I got on sale for about $9 in Bed, Bath & Beyond in a gold satin fabric. I needed to adjust the back just a little to fit the chair, so this was the only sewing on it I had to do. The length is down to the floor and it has the big bow on the back that you want. It looked so good I took another old kitchen chair and did the same thing to put with my sewing table. Didn't cost much and looks great.

chair slipcovers
Making a Slipcover
Crafts SewingJune 13, 2008
Wooden Spoon Deer
Wooden Spoon Reindeer Craft
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
A green decorative tray painted with gold leaves.
Making a Painted Wooden Tray
Wooden Santa Claus
Making a Wooden Santa Claus
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 12:53:14 PM on 10.0.0.82 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.