Slipcover Patterns for a Wooden Chair

I want to sew a slipcover for the wooden chair to my makeup table. It has a normal size back. I would like the ruffled skirt to be to the floor and have the ties in the back to make a big bow (like country cottage style I've seen in magazines). Has anyone made one of these or could recommend a pattern that they liked. I'm not sure how to attach the skirt to the seat and back.

Answers

Best Answer

I wanted to do the same thing with an old kitchen chair that I wanted to use with my vanity table. I bought one of those dining room chair slipcovers that I got on sale for about $9 in Bed, Bath & Beyond in a gold satin fabric. I needed to adjust the back just a little to fit the chair, so this was the only sewing on it I had to do. The length is down to the floor and it has the big bow on the back that you want. It looked so good I took another old kitchen chair and did the same thing to put with my sewing table. Didn't cost much and looks great.

chair slipcovers
Making a Slipcover
Crafts SewingJune 13, 2008
Wooden Spoon Deer
Wooden Spoon Reindeer Craft
Recycled wooden chair planter.
Making a Chair Planter
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
A green decorative tray painted with gold leaves.
Making a Painted Wooden Tray
🎉
🎄