Getting Rid of Ants in the Kitchen

How can I keep ants off my kitchen cupboard?

By Joann

I kill them by using non stick cooking spray! It kills them if they are the little black ants.

Have you ever tried the Terro ant baits? This stuff is a liquid product that is actually boric acid and a sugar substance. It is a safe product but very sticky if spilled. The ants eat the terro and take it back to their nests. We have had great success with this product. It is also very important to keep the cupboard free from all spills.

Terro is the only thing that works for me. You have to be patient though, the little bummers have to take it back to the nest in order to kill the queen. It can take three or four days before they are gone. Meanwhile, you have to share your kitchen counter with them.

Joann, I just sent message on mixing power sugar and boric acid tog to get rid of ants, it should have been, Borax-20 Mule Team. So sorry for the error. joanie

Ants lay down a scent for other ants to follow. The thing to do is to get rid of their scent. Watch them and find out were they are traveling from and then wash down the path and where they have been with bleach and water.

photo of ants eating a scrap of onion
Getting Rid of Ants in the Kitchen
Home and Garden Pest Control AntsJuly 9, 2011
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
Ant on a leaf.
Getting Rid of Ants in Outdoor Potted Plants
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants