Craft: Recycled Plastic Can Cozy

Cut plarn from recycled plastic bags to crochet can cozies. I made this up as I went along so I don't have a pattern to share.

For the cozy on the left I used candy sacks that held individually wrapped pieces and also a yellow green plastic mailer. On the right is one I just started and used a clear plastic clothing bag for the bottom and a shredded lettuce sack for what is now the top. I will continue to add to it as I empty more plastic sacks or bags and get them cut!

I don't need a coaster with the bottom these have in them! They go from outside to inside and back to the car! Make whatever size you need and even chain a cord so you can carry it around your neck if you want to.

By Melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

Crafts Crochet IdeasOctober 5, 2009
Felt covered bottle cap becomes Easter bonnet.
Craft Uses for Plastic Bottle Caps
Handmade wine cork corkboard
Recycled Wine Cork Bulletin Board
How To Recycle Paper
Making Recycled Paper
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows